from vh3 import virthost / AddVirtDomain / Ensim / Apache

Dan Messenger

Hi,

I'm new to python, and am trying to use some premade scripts on RedHat 7,
but its giving me errors.

The scripts are part of the Ensim hosting software, and when I run the
command "AddVirtDomain" from a root shell, it works fine.

However when I call it from my php page, and thus running under the apache
user, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/AddVirtDomain", line 26, in ?
from vh3 import virthost
File "virtualhosting/virthost.py", line 46, in ?
File
"/home/build/qa/webppliance/3.1.11/2/lwp/vaishali2/WebGui/base/services/vh3/
virtualhosting/virtutil.py", line 14, in ?
ImportError: No module named logging

The first file mentioned is the one I am running, and 2nd two dont even
exist - tho the script runs fine under a root shell.

To me this indicates a permissions problem - but permissions to what? The
files mentioned dont exist !

Anybody got any ideas ?
Thanks in advance
-Dan

A. Y. Chen

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing and getting the exact same problem
as you. Have you had any luck? Part of the difficulty is that the
files virthost.py and virtutil.py are probably compiles (in .pyc
form), and not located in those directories shown in the trace.
However, I still get the same error after I chmod those files.

Simon Dahlbacka

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing and getting the exact same problem
as you. Have you had any luck? Part of the difficulty is that the
files virthost.py and virtutil.py are probably compiles (in .pyc
form), and not located in those directories shown in the trace.
However, I still get the same error after I chmod those files.

...are you sure that php is running the same version of python as you
from the command line. the logging module is a standard one, BUT it is
only available in python >= 2.3

/Simon