From working to not working :(

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by MA, Feb 21, 2005.

  1. MA

    MA Guest

    Hi all!

    I have a webservice that checks for mail every x seconds with a timer.
    I had it set up on a win xp computer and it was working fine.

    When I recently moved my webservice to a win 2003 server, it seems like the
    timer stops working after a while. I have no idea why.

    Actually, I dont think that it has something to do with my webservice, but I
    really cant figure this out and need help :)

    /Marre
    MA, Feb 21, 2005

  2. MA

    IPGrunt Guest

    On 21 Feb 2005, "MA" <news@.removethis.supremelink.se> postulated in
    news::

    > Hi all!
    >
    > I have a webservice that checks for mail every x seconds with a

    timer.
    > I had it set up on a win xp computer and it was working fine.
    >
    > When I recently moved my webservice to a win 2003 server, it seems

    like the
    > timer stops working after a while. I have no idea why.
    >
    > Actually, I dont think that it has something to do with my

    webservice, but I
    > really cant figure this out and need help :)
    >
    > /Marre

    OK, how is the timer implemented?

    -- ipgrunt
    IPGrunt, Feb 21, 2005

  3. MA

    MA Guest

    "IPGrunt" <> wrote in message
    > On 21 Feb 2005, "MA" <news@.removethis.supremelink.se> postulated in
    >
    >> Hi all!
    >>
    >> I have a webservice that checks for mail every x seconds with a

    > timer.
    >> I had it set up on a win xp computer and it was working fine.
    >>
    >> When I recently moved my webservice to a win 2003 server, it seems

    > like the
    >> timer stops working after a while. I have no idea why.
    >>
    >> Actually, I dont think that it has something to do with my

    > webservice, but I
    >> really cant figure this out and need help :)
    >>
    >> /Marre
    >>

    > OK, how is the timer implemented?
    >
    > -- ipgrunt

    I´m pushing a button. In the click event I set the timer run every 30
    seconds. This app has ben stable on my other computer, but I had to upgrade
    to a better one. I´ve tried it out for several weeks without this "error".

    /Marre
    MA, Feb 21, 2005
  4. MA

    MA Guest

    Hi Steve!

    As a "first step" i implemented this as a windows applikation. I will use
    the Windows Service alternative as an option to my application.

    It seems that this is working.

    Thanks for giving me an answer/guess to what causing this problem!

    /Marre

    MA, Feb 23, 2005