From working to not working :(

MA

Hi all!

I have a webservice that checks for mail every x seconds with a timer.
I had it set up on a win xp computer and it was working fine.

When I recently moved my webservice to a win 2003 server, it seems like the
timer stops working after a while. I have no idea why.

Actually, I dont think that it has something to do with my webservice, but I
really cant figure this out and need help :)

/Marre

IPGrunt

Hi all!

I have a webservice that checks for mail every x seconds with a timer.
I had it set up on a win xp computer and it was working fine.

When I recently moved my webservice to a win 2003 server, it seems like the
timer stops working after a while. I have no idea why.

Actually, I dont think that it has something to do with my webservice, but I
really cant figure this out and need help :)

/Marre

OK, how is the timer implemented?

-- ipgrunt

MA

IPGrunt said:
OK, how is the timer implemented?

-- ipgrunt

I´m pushing a button. In the click event I set the timer run every 30
seconds. This app has ben stable on my other computer, but I had to upgrade
to a better one. I´ve tried it out for several weeks without this "error".

/Marre

MA

Hi Steve!

As a "first step" i implemented this as a windows applikation. I will use
the Windows Service alternative as an option to my application.

It seems that this is working.

Thanks for giving me an answer/guess to what causing this problem!

/Marre