Front Page

Rick Wolfe

If I am not using any of the unique extensions of Front Page in my website
can I still use the basic HTML and borders created by Front Page and have my
website published on a server that is not FP extension complient?

Paul Watt

Rick said:
If I am not using any of the unique extensions of Front Page in my
website can I still use the basic HTML and borders created by Front
Page and have my website published on a server that is not FP
extension complient?

Yes, but Front Plague produces truly horrible html so you might want to run
it through html-tidy just to neaten things up a bit.

Jonathan N. Little

Rick said:
If I am not using any of the unique extensions of Front Page in my website
can I still use the basic HTML and borders created by Front Page and have my
website published on a server that is not FP extension complient?
Not sure, but I think if your wish to upload "publish" your page with FP
that it requires FP extensions on the server to do this...maybe one of
the FP fans can confirm or refute this.

Brian Cryer

Rick Wolfe said:
If I am not using any of the unique extensions of Front Page in my website
can I still use the basic HTML and borders created by Front Page and have
my website published on a server that is not FP extension complient?

Yes, that's what I do.

Do keep an eye on the HTML that FrontPage produces. With that in mind I'd
strongly suggest you don't use any of its "themes", whilst everything will
work its unlikely to be standards compliant.

I don't know what version of FrontPage you use, but its not very good with
css. If you have the budget I'd advise looking at Expression which is the
successor to FrontPage. Expression is css, accessibility and html/xhtml
standards aware and is an all round much nicer product.