    website published on a server that is not FP extension complient?

    --
    Rick Wolfe
    Rick Wolfe, Jan 25, 2007

  2. Rick Wolfe

    Paul Watt Guest

    Rick Wolfe wrote:
    > If I am not using any of the unique extensions of Front Page in my
    > website can I still use the basic HTML and borders created by Front
    > Page and have my website published on a server that is not FP
    > extension complient?

    Yes, but Front Plague produces truly horrible html so you might want to run
    it through html-tidy just to neaten things up a bit.
    --
    Cheers

    Paul watt
    http://www.paulwattdesigns.com
    Paul Watt, Jan 25, 2007

  3. Rick Wolfe wrote:
    > If I am not using any of the unique extensions of Front Page in my website
    > can I still use the basic HTML and borders created by Front Page and have my
    > website published on a server that is not FP extension complient?

    Not sure, but I think if your wish to upload "publish" your page with FP
    that it requires FP extensions on the server to do this...maybe one of
    the FP fans can confirm or refute this.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 25, 2007
  4. Rick Wolfe

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Rick Wolfe" <> wrote in message
    > If I am not using any of the unique extensions of Front Page in my website
    > can I still use the basic HTML and borders created by Front Page and have
    > my website published on a server that is not FP extension complient?

    Yes, that's what I do.

    Do keep an eye on the HTML that FrontPage produces. With that in mind I'd
    strongly suggest you don't use any of its "themes", whilst everything will
    work its unlikely to be standards compliant.

    I don't know what version of FrontPage you use, but its not very good with
    css. If you have the budget I'd advise looking at Expression which is the
    successor to FrontPage. Expression is css, accessibility and html/xhtml
    standards aware and is an all round much nicer product.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Jan 26, 2007