Frontend for jar-archives?

Patrick

Hi,

is there a good frontend for jar-archives, like winzip for zip-files?
I'm using Linux and Ark for looking in jar-files. But Ark does not support
jar-files very well :(

I searched the web and already found 2 frontends for working with jar-files.

Jarminator http://www.weird173.net/java/jarminator.html
JarSpy http://www.jarspy.org

But in my opinion both have some restrictions!

Does anyone know a good program for handling jar-archives?
The program must run under Linux and ideally is written in Java :D

Happy Easter!

Regards,
Patrick

ps: sorry for my english - i'm not a native speaker :D

Bryce (Work)

Hi,

is there a good frontend for jar-archives, like winzip for zip-files?
I'm using Linux and Ark for looking in jar-files. But Ark does not support
jar-files very well :(

I searched the web and already found 2 frontends for working with jar-files.

Jarminator http://www.weird173.net/java/jarminator.html
JarSpy http://www.jarspy.org

But in my opinion both have some restrictions!

Does anyone know a good program for handling jar-archives?
The program must run under Linux and ideally is written in Java :D

Me personally only use ant and command line. Easy enough for my
purposes.

jar cvf archive.jar *.class
ps: sorry for my english - i'm not a native speaker :D

English is better than many I work with.

Christophe Vanfleteren

Patrick said:
Hi,

is there a good frontend for jar-archives, like winzip for zip-files?
I'm using Linux and Ark for looking in jar-files. But Ark does not support
jar-files very well :(

I searched the web and already found 2 frontends for working with
jar-files.

Jarminator http://www.weird173.net/java/jarminator.html
JarSpy http://www.jarspy.org

But in my opinion both have some restrictions!

Does anyone know a good program for handling jar-archives?
The program must run under Linux and ideally is written in Java :D

Happy Easter!

Regards,
Patrick

ps: sorry for my english - i'm not a native speaker :D

Install Midnight Commander (mc).
It is a command line filemanager, that allows you to enter/work with
archives (*.zip, *.jar, ...) very easily.

But since a jar file is no different from a zip file (only the extension is
different), Ark shouldn't have problems reading jar files.

Tim Slattery

Patrick said:
Hi,

is there a good frontend for jar-archives, like winzip for zip-files?
I'm using Linux and Ark for looking in jar-files. But Ark does not support
jar-files very well :(

Jars are just zips with a different extension. WinZip will open a jar
file with no problem.

Steve Horsley

Patrick said:
Hi,

is there a good frontend for jar-archives, like winzip for zip-files?
I'm using Linux and Ark for looking in jar-files. But Ark does not support
jar-files very well :(

Probably easiest is to rename the file a .zip and then work on it with konqueror,
renaming it back to .jar when you're finished.

Incidentally,
$ java -jar myprog.zip
works just fine.

Steve