    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

    Jim Scott, Aug 10, 2005

    <http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.frontpage>

    Barbara de Zoete, Aug 10, 2005

  3. Jim Scott

    Guest

    Frontpage has M$' famous auto-devalidation system. You can load a valid
    page and FP will _break_ it for you. Even in code-editing mode. No I'm
    not joking, and this is why FP is so universally derided.

    , Aug 10, 2005
  4. On 10 Aug 2005 01:21:45 -0700, <> wrote:

    > Frontpage has M$' famous auto-devalidation system. You can load a valid
    > page and FP will _break_ it for you. Even in code-editing mode. No I'm
    > not joking, and this is why FP is so universally derided.

    Why do you write this? Is this a response to someone elses post? Where is the
    relevant bit of that post? Or are you just telling this because you wanted to
    and not because someone had a need for it?

    Barbara de Zoete, Aug 10, 2005
  5. Jim Scott

    Guest

    If you're going to play net-nazi, then trim your .sig to 4 lines or
    fewer, including ASCII art.

    And get a newsreader with some threading.

    Have you _nothing_ better to do ?

    , Aug 10, 2005
  6. Jim Scott

    Els Guest

    wrote:

    > If you're going to play net-nazi, then trim your .sig to 4 lines or
    > fewer, including ASCII art.
    >
    > And get a newsreader with some threading.
    >
    > Have you _nothing_ better to do ?

    She's merely filtering the newbies from the nitwits, to save time in
    the future.

    Clue: newbies listen to advice, nitwits complain about it.

    If you don't want to include the bits you are replying to, please stop
    posting at all. We're not all magic mindreaders, we haven't all seen
    or even remembered the previous post in a thread, and some of us never
    will. It's the nitwits that are causing more people to stop reading
    posts from google groups users, which is very inconvenient for those
    who /do/ have a clue, but can only use google groups.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Aug 10, 2005
  7. Barbara de Zoete, Aug 10, 2005
  8. Jim Scott

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, quothed:

    > If you're going to play net-nazi, then trim your .sig to 4 lines or
    > fewer, including ASCII art.
    >
    > And get a newsreader with some threading.
    >
    > Have you _nothing_ better to do ?

    "Net-nazi"; I like that. But she's right. You really should include
    some replied-to text prior to your reply.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Aug 10, 2005
  9. Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    > > If you're going to play net-nazi,

    > *plonk*

    Anyone NOT see that one coming?

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Aug 10, 2005
  10. Jim Scott

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:

    > Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    > > > If you're going to play net-nazi,

    > > *plonk*

    > Anyone NOT see that one coming?

    I doubt it. There are very few events that draw attention so
    universally as seeing someone being plonked by a woman.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Aug 11, 2005
  11. Neredbojias wrote:
    > With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:

    >> > *plonk*

    >> Anyone NOT see that one coming?

    > I doubt it. There are very few events that draw attention so
    > universally as seeing someone being plonked by a woman.

    I'm trying automation. I made this today. It's not patented yet, so
    it's up for grabs. :)

    Animation on for: http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/pkey.gif

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 11, 2005
  12. Jim Scott

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Aug 11, 2005
  13. Jim Scott

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Toby Inkster
    <> writing in

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Animation on for: http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/pkey.gif

    > Who needs a CAPS LOCK anyway? The only thing it's useful for is
    > accidentally hitting when you mean to hit SHIFT, SO THAT YOU END UP
    > TYPING HALF YOUR SENTENCE IN CAPITALS. oOPS!

    Oh, I like my CAPS LOCK key. When writing SQL queries, I keep the keywords
    in CAPS. I also have my keyboard make a sound when the CAPS LOCK key is
    activated/deactivated.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne, Aug 11, 2005
  14. Jim Scott

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed:

    > > I doubt it. There are very few events that draw attention so
    > > universally as seeing someone being plonked by a woman.

    > I'm trying automation. I made this today. It's not patented yet, so
    > it's up for grabs. :)
    >
    > Animation on for: http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/pkey.gif

    He he, -an animated plonking key. I feel vaguely violated but
    nevertheless need to know: does the plonking occur automatically or do
    you still have to push it in?

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Aug 11, 2005
  15. Neredbojias wrote:
    > With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed:
    >
    >> > I doubt it. There are very few events that draw attention so
    >> > universally as seeing someone being plonked by a woman.

    >> I'm trying automation. I made this today. It's not patented yet, so
    >> it's up for grabs. :)
    >>
    >> Animation on for: http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/pkey.gif

    > He he, -an animated plonking key. I feel vaguely violated but
    > nevertheless need to know: does the plonking occur automatically or do
    > you still have to push it in?

    If I'm jacked in, I just have to think "plonk" while I'm looking at a
    post.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 11, 2005
  16. Jim Scott

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Adrienne wrote:

    > When writing SQL queries, I keep the keywords in CAPS.

    So do I:

    SELECT *
    FROM flibble
    WHERE foo='bar'
    AND quux;

    Thing is, you need to alternate between both upper and lower cases, so the
    SHIFT key is required whether or not you have CAPS LOCK on. So you might
    as well leave CAPS LOCK off.

    Besides which, this is really a stylistic thing, that could be typed in
    all lower case and transformed to CAPITAL KEYWORDS using a smart text
    editor.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Aug 11, 2005