Frontpage Extension server

Guest

Hello there,

When I start visual stdio and open any web project then front page
extension server starts.

Can anybody please tell what is frontpage extension server?
How it works?

Can I use to upload or develop site on remote machine?

Christopher Reed

FrontPage Server Extensions is exactly for uploading and developing websites
on a remote machine. While it is primarily used by FrontPage, it is also
used by Visual Studio to develop remotely.