FrontPage extensions unexpected failure

Guest

I have been uploading my website to Brinkster through FrontPage extensions
for the last 4 months. One night I was re-uploading my project and it fails
on me. No settings have changed and I tried to reload the project and an
error came up. “Username or password is incorrect or I do not have
authorization.†I asked Brinkster and they said that the FTP is working
properly. I have been doing my Windows updates frequently lately. My
question is what changed? Is it a new download from Microsoft throwing off
the FTP program, the server, or something else? If anyone else has had this
problem and has fixed it, please let me know.

thanks

Guest

I would ask the question in the FrontPage newsgroups, as you are unlikely to
get a lot of guidance here. There could be any number of reasons why the
extensions are causing you problems.

If you are connecting with Visual Studio .NET, you can switch to a file
upload and bypass the FP extensions.

Now, to the problem. The main reason I know of authentication getting munged
deals with the files FP puts into the web. There is also a case where the
security settings needed to be upgraded, but that should have been done by
Brinkster a long time ago, so I doubt that is the case. You can have them
recalculate the web, but I am not sure it will yield anything.

Try opening the web directly, through FrontPage, and see if you can sync
things up correctly. That sometimes cures the ills.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!