FrontPage extentions not installed

Costas

Hi,

I tried to create a new web site using VS 2005 on Vista Ultimate. The
server is on a different box and it runs IIS 6. I get the error "unable to
create the web 'http://site'. The web server doe not appear to have the
FrontPage extensions installed'.

I found a KB article about Vista and VS but it didn't solve the problem.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

First make sure you install the IIS 6 compatibility stuff. Control Panel >>
Add/Remove Programs >> Add/Remove Windows Components.

You then have to install SP1 and the Vista only upgrade. Both are available
at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads.

I think that is it, but there may be one more tweak I had to do to get
things running.

Costas

Thanks for the reply,

I have done that already. SP1 and the Vista upgrade is installed and the
compatibility components are installed.

If you remember what was the tweak please post it, I would appreciate it

Thanks again