FrontPage files in ASP.NET?

al

Greetings all,

I'm seeking your advice on this issue:

I'm planing to use FrontPage(2003) files(saved as .aspx) in asp.net.
That is, I will create frontpage files with same path as asp.net
projects, do ONLY interface design for web pages , save them as .aspx
and then include them in asp.net project from the solution explorer.

Is it ok to do it like this, or is there better way of doing it??

MTIA,
Grawsha

Kevin Spencer

I use FrontPage to create much of the HTML for my ASPX pages. But I don't
use the same web application. I just use the HTML editor, and copy and paste
into my ASPX Template in Visual Studio.Net.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

al

Kevin Spencer said:
I use FrontPage to create much of the HTML for my ASPX pages. But I don't
use the same web application. I just use the HTML editor, and copy and paste
into my ASPX Template in Visual Studio.Net.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer
.Net Developer
Microsoft MVP
Big things are made up
of lots of little things.

Thanks for the tip.

Does the transfer of html codes work 100% in vs.net? Or you have to do
some changes in properties after transfer?

I know at least one has to be changed. The explorer version from IE3
to IE5.

Also, what control in FP is equivalent in html button control in
asp.net?? is it the Push Button??

MTIA,
Grawsha

Kevin Spencer

Hi Grawsha,

I'm glad you asked, as I didn't mention anything about that. What I actually
do is to create a new ASPX page in Visual Studio, which supplies all of the
basic HTML needed. In my FrontPage Page, I create a <form> and a </form> tag
between the body tags, and create my WebForm HTML in that. Then I copy and
paste ONLY the HTML between the 2 form tags into the ASPX Template. Never
had any problems with this approach.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer