    Is it ok to do it like this, or is there better way of doing it??

    MTIA,
    Grawsha
    al, Apr 15, 2004

  2. I use FrontPage to create much of the HTML for my ASPX pages. But I don't
    use the same web application. I just use the HTML editor, and copy and paste
    into my ASPX Template in Visual Studio.Net.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 15, 2004

  3. Al,

    It sounds like you might like to try a program I'm releasing to beta next
    week, PagePorter. It will, among other things, translate those FrontPage
    pages into ASP.NET, keeping the shared borders, navigation, and almost
    everything else intact. You can find out more about PagePorter at
    http://www.parastream.com/software/pageporter, sign up to be a tester at
    http://www.parastream.com/beta_app.htm, or contact me directly at
    .
    --
    Regards,

    Robert E. Weatherford
    Parastream Technologies, Inc.

    Robert Weatherford, Apr 16, 2004
  4. al

    al Guest

    "Kevin Spencer" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I use FrontPage to create much of the HTML for my ASPX pages. But I don't
    > use the same web application. I just use the HTML editor, and copy and paste
    > into my ASPX Template in Visual Studio.Net.
    >
    > --
    > HTH,
    > Kevin Spencer
    > .Net Developer
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Big things are made up
    > of lots of little things.
    >
    > "al" <> wrote in message
    > > Greetings all,
    > >
    > > I'm seeking your advice on this issue:
    > >
    > > I'm planing to use FrontPage(2003) files(saved as .aspx) in asp.net.
    > > That is, I will create frontpage files with same path as asp.net
    > > projects, do ONLY interface design for web pages , save them as .aspx
    > > and then include them in asp.net project from the solution explorer.
    > >
    > > Is it ok to do it like this, or is there better way of doing it??
    > >

    > > MTIA,
    > > Grawsha

    Thanks for the tip.

    Does the transfer of html codes work 100% in vs.net? Or you have to do
    some changes in properties after transfer?

    I know at least one has to be changed. The explorer version from IE3
    to IE5.

    Also, what control in FP is equivalent in html button control in
    asp.net?? is it the Push Button??

    MTIA,
    Grawsha
    al, Apr 16, 2004
  5. Hi Grawsha,

    I'm glad you asked, as I didn't mention anything about that. What I actually
    do is to create a new ASPX page in Visual Studio, which supplies all of the
    basic HTML needed. In my FrontPage Page, I create a <form> and a </form> tag
    between the body tags, and create my WebForm HTML in that. Then I copy and
    paste ONLY the HTML between the 2 form tags into the ASPX Template. Never
    had any problems with this approach.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer