Frontpage for editing ASP.Net pages?

Randy Galliano

Hello,

I am somewhat new to ASP.NET and doing some ASP.NET development. My
manager would like me to create the asp.net pages, then send them on to
a web designer for finish up making visual changes using Front page.
Does front page support asp.net? I am using Master pages to set the
overall format of the web site.

Regards,

Randy.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Not really. FP 2003 had some features added to it to begin ASP.Net support,
but that was way back when the .Net Framework 1.0 came out so new features
such as Master Pages aren't useful in FP. I would recommend having the web
designer upgrade to Expression Web, which is the successor to FrontPage and
is really built to be the tool for a designer to work with in concert with a
developer using VS. It's a much better tool than FP and can work with Master
Pages. The upgrade will work from any version of FrontPage and is usually
available for about $90.

Guest

I am somewhat new to ASP.NET and doing some ASP.NET development. My
manager would like me to create the asp.net pages, then send them on to
a web designer for finish up making visual changes using Front page.
Does front page support asp.net? I am using Master pages to set the
overall format of the web site.

I prefer Dreamweaver, but Visual Web Designer Express is a free tool from
Microsoft that should support ASP.NET 2.0.

Randy Galliano

Thank you very much for all your comments! I believe the answer is
Front Page is not the tool to use, but Visual Web Designer is.

Regards,

Randy.

sloan

Look at this thing called Expression Web as well.

I'm not sure if someone else recommended it, with a slight variation in the
name.

But "Expression Web" is the key phrase I think.

There is a eval download.