frontpage server extensions not installed

Paul

Hi,
I have installed vs2005 and when I try to create a web project using
http//localhost/webdir I get the error
frontpage server extenstions not installed. Just wondering were to get this
at and is it part of the VS2005 professional cd packet?
Thanks Paul.

Anthony Jones

Paul said:
Hi,
I have installed vs2005 and when I try to create a web project using
http//localhost/webdir I get the error
frontpage server extenstions not installed. Just wondering were to get this
at and is it part of the VS2005 professional cd packet?
Thanks Paul.

Its actually intrinsic to IIS5 and 5.1.

In IIS manager right mouse click the website, select All Tasks | Configure
Server Extensions.

However I would not recommend it. Its flaky and creates all sorts of
rubbish in the site you could do without. Simply create the web project
from the root physical folder for the site.