Frontpage

Roy Schestowitz

__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 14:22, [Els] wrote : \__
Stop swearing!

I once read that sharks have a special mechanism or a membrane that protects
their eyes when they go for their prey. I think my brother brought it up
when I said "go for the eyes if a shark ever attacks you". If they shut
their eyes when they hit and open them later, that's a blink, right? A
bloody long blink, ain't it?

Roy

Edwin van der Vaart

Roy said:
__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 14:22, [Els] wrote : \__
Stop swearing!

I once read that sharks have a special mechanism or a membrane that protects
their eyes when they go for their prey. I think my brother brought it up
when I said "go for the eyes if a shark ever attacks you". If they shut
their eyes when they hit and open them later, that's a blink, right? A
bloody long blink, ain't it?
That's a blind attack :eek:)

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed:

You mean fins?

Btw, sharks don't blink.

That's what makes me special. Otherwise I'd be Normal the Shark.

(Actually, some do, but not most.)

Blinky the Shark

Roy said:
__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 14:22, [Els] wrote : \__
Stop swearing!

I once read that sharks have a special mechanism or a membrane that protects
their eyes when they go for their prey. I think my brother brought it up
when I said "go for the eyes if a shark ever attacks you". If they shut
their eyes when they hit and open them later, that's a blink, right? A
bloody long blink, ain't it?

Google keyphrase "nictating membrane".

Roy Schestowitz

__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 16:53, [Edwin van der Vaart] wrote : \__
That's a blind attack :eek:)

__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 17:14, [Blinky the Shark] wrote : \__
Google keyphrase "nictating membrane".

Yes, that's the one! Why don't they just wear goggles like normal animals?
No... they have to be so special and smoke a cigar...

Roy

Blinky the Shark

Roy said:
__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 16:53, [Edwin van der Vaart] wrote : \__
That's a blind attack :eek:)

__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 17:14, [Blinky the Shark] wrote : \__
Google keyphrase "nictating membrane".

Yes, that's the one! Why don't they just wear goggles like normal animals?
No... they have to be so special and smoke a cigar...

Or a cigarette. First photo:

http://blinkynet.net/

And, relevant to this subthread, see second paragraph, "Why 'Blinky the
Shark'?"

Roy Schestowitz

__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 18:06, [Blinky the Shark] wrote : \__
Roy said:
__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 16:53, [Edwin van der Vaart] wrote : \__
That's a blind attack :eek:)

__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 17:14, [Blinky the Shark] wrote : \__
Google keyphrase "nictating membrane".

Yes, that's the one! Why don't they just wear goggles like normal
animals? No... they have to be so special and smoke a cigar...

Or a cigarette. First photo:

http://blinkynet.net/

My memory betrayed me.
And, relevant to this subthread, see second paragraph, "Why 'Blinky the
Shark'?"

Never read that before. Made me laugh. Ta.

Blinky the Shark

Roy said:
__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 16:53, [Edwin van der Vaart] wrote :
\__

That's a blind attack :eek:)

__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 17:14, [Blinky the Shark] wrote : \__

Google keyphrase "nictating membrane".

Yes, that's the one! Why don't they just wear goggles like normal
animals? No... they have to be so special and smoke a cigar...

Or a cigarette. First photo:

http://blinkynet.net/

My memory betrayed me.

Ah. I didn't realize you were alluding to that photo. Thought it was
just happy coincidence. :)
Never read that before. Made me laugh. Ta.

I exist but to serve.

And a link in that paragraph is to an off-site ref: "Sharks don't blink.
They have upper and lower eyelids, but these lids don't move and don't
close over the eye. When biting prey, some sharks protect their eyes
with a third eyelid called the nictitating membrane."

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Els quothed:
Stop swearing!

Geez, you sure are bossy. For your information, colorful language is
part of the masculine mystique.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed:
That's what makes me special. Otherwise I'd be Normal the Shark.

(Actually, some do, but not most.)

Well, there's always exceptions to the rule. And you often do seem
exceptional in a distinct if generally unfathomable way.

Els

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Els quothed:

Geez, you sure are bossy. For your information, colorful language is
part of the masculine mystique.

That's what they say.
It's us women who let men believe all that crap.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Els quothed:
That's what they say.
It's us women who let men believe all that crap.

Oh, yeah, like men really believe women. For example, everyday I go
through all of Barbara Zygote's posted pearls of wisdom just for the
personal edification to be derived from perusing such picayunery.

Guffaw, guffaw.

I am a fair-minded individual and will listen to what a woman has to say
- at least for a minute or so. If by then she hasn't made any sense,
it's off to the bozo bin of balderdash with all the other blabbermouths
who just happen to be primarily of the feminine persuasion. This, of
course, is an allegory for tuning them out - a complaint, you certainly
must have noticed, voiced almost exclusively by females and the more
obsequious of their imposters.

wayne

AF said:
Thanks for the post. I have downloaded the above, and I have played
with it a little. It looks very useful. I just need to use it some
more.

Thanks again. And this is why I love these newsgroups, i.e. to get
hel;p like this.
Best regards,

Al
http://www.affordablefloridainsurance.com
http://www.americanbestmortgages.com
http://www.americanaffordablelifeinsurance.com

Glad to be of service. I use NVU to create text for emails. Then copy
the text and paste in Lotus Notes.

One suggestion: NVU defaults to "body text" which inserts <br> at each
carriage return. If you choose "paragraph" from the drop down menu,
preferred action (for me at least).

Regards,

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [Neredbojias] on Monday 29 August 2005 00:06 \__
Oh, yeah, like men really believe women. For example, everyday I go
through all of Barbara Zygote's posted pearls of wisdom just for the
personal edification to be derived from perusing such picayunery.

Guffaw, guffaw.

I am a fair-minded individual and will listen to what a woman has to say
- at least for a minute or so. If by then she hasn't made any sense,
it's off to the bozo bin of balderdash with all the other blabbermouths
who just happen to be primarily of the feminine persuasion. This, of
course, is an allegory for tuning them out - a complaint, you certainly
must have noticed, voiced almost exclusively by females and the more
obsequious of their imposters.

Neredbojias

<sarcasm type="friendly">

Boy, you can really talk some trash. *smile*

</sarcasm>

Els

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Els quothed:

Oh, yeah, like men really believe women.

They do.
It's not the woman's words they fall for, we know that. But we can
make you believe anything we want you to believe. Regardless of what
we seem to be saying to you.
For example, everyday I go
through all of Barbara Zygote's posted pearls of wisdom just for the
personal edification to be derived from perusing such picayunery.

Guffaw, guffaw.

You're so funny!
I am a fair-minded individual and will listen to what a woman has to say
- at least for a minute or so. If by then she hasn't made any sense,
it's off to the bozo bin of balderdash

With men, only 30 seconds are needed to distinguish between 'worth
listening to' and 'best smile and ignore'. To the men it makes no
difference though. They will just assume we decided on 'worth
listening to', as they can't tell the difference from our response.
Which by the way is not because there is no difference - other women
who are present will know - it's just that men fail to notice.
with all the other blabbermouths
who just happen to be primarily of the feminine persuasion.

Of course. Men talk bullshit without blabbering.
This, of
course, is an allegory for tuning them out - a complaint, you certainly
must have noticed, voiced almost exclusively by females

Correct. See above.
and the more obsequious of their imposters.

Women have imposters? Wonder why...