FSM (Finite State Machine) Generator - Open Source

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roberto Nunnari, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Hi all.

    I announce that there's a brand new, free FSM Generator
    in the Open Source arena: NunniFSMGen - release 1.0-RC1

    http://nunnifsmgen.nunnisoft.ch

    NunniFSMGen is a java tool that starting from a transition table
    generates the corresponding FSM (Finite State Machine) in
    Java, C or C++ source code. It has been developped in 2003
    at NunniSoft for generating the FSMs of our own software and
    successfully used (here at NunniSoft) since it's first internal
    release (in June 2003).

    NunniFSMGen is different from other FSM generators because it
    cleanly separates logic from implementation by using a modified
    version of the state pattern. In fact, you'll only want to
    modify one of all the generated files. Thus making it very
    easy to integrate in your development process.

    To show how helpful NunniFSMGen is in software development,
    we've developped and just released (again as Open Source)
    a small (less than 30KB) java xml parser, NunniMJAX.

    http://nunnimjax.nunnisoft.ch

    Due to the fact that up to now it has been the effort of
    just one person, and that it's still extremely young.. it
    surely still has bugs... but the testcases up to now show
    that overall it behaves quite well.

    Contributions, patches, bug reports or just success stories
    are welcome.

    Best regards.
    --
    Roberto Nunnari -software engineer-
    mailto:

    Roberto Nunnari, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Sorry for the noise.. as this is a english language list
    I should have put the link to the english pages and not the
    document root (that is italian..)

    So.. here are the links to english for english speakers:
    http://nunnifsmgen.nunnisoft.ch/en/
    http://nunnimjax.nunnisoft.ch/en/

    Roberto Nunnari, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Roberto Nunnari wrote:
    > Sorry for the noise.. as this is a english language list
    > I should have put the link to the english pages and not the
    > document root (that is italian..)

    No, you should have used the announcement group for this, and not
    clutter this group at all.

    /Thomas

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Feb 4, 2004