FSM (Finite State Machine) Generator - Open Source

Roberto Nunnari

Hi all.

I announce that there's a brand new, free FSM Generator
in the Open Source arena: NunniFSMGen - release 1.0-RC1

http://nunnifsmgen.nunnisoft.ch

NunniFSMGen is a java tool that starting from a transition table
generates the corresponding FSM (Finite State Machine) in
Java, C or C++ source code. It has been developped in 2003
at NunniSoft for generating the FSMs of our own software and
successfully used (here at NunniSoft) since it's first internal
release (in June 2003).

NunniFSMGen is different from other FSM generators because it
cleanly separates logic from implementation by using a modified
version of the state pattern. In fact, you'll only want to
modify one of all the generated files. Thus making it very
easy to integrate in your development process.

To show how helpful NunniFSMGen is in software development,
we've developped and just released (again as Open Source)
a small (less than 30KB) java xml parser, NunniMJAX.

http://nunnimjax.nunnisoft.ch

Due to the fact that up to now it has been the effort of
just one person, and that it's still extremely young.. it
surely still has bugs... but the testcases up to now show
that overall it behaves quite well.

Contributions, patches, bug reports or just success stories
are welcome.

Best regards.
--
Roberto Nunnari -software engineer-