FSM implementation

WittyGuy

Dear all,
I am bewildering how to implement FSM in C++. I'm a newbie to FSM
too(just got some idea after searching). There are also tools like FSM
editor/ State Machine compiler. But I just want to know much in detail
about implementing the state machines. Any pointers is really
appreciable one.

thanks
Wg

Panjandrum

WittyGuy said:
I am bewildering how to implement FSM in C++. I'm a newbie to FSM
too(just got some idea after searching). There are also tools like FSM
editor/ State Machine compiler. But I just want to know much in detail
about implementing the state machines. Any pointers is really
appreciable one.

First try to implement a small FSM with with if/else or switch
statements. Then (maybe) move to code generation tools.

Jeff Flinn

WittyGuy said:
Dear all,
I am bewildering how to implement FSM in C++. I'm a newbie to FSM
too(just got some idea after searching). There are also tools like FSM
editor/ State Machine compiler. But I just want to know much in detail
about implementing the state machines. Any pointers is really
appreciable one.

There is an FSM library that was recently approved for the boost library by
Andreas Huber. See the files section at www.boost.org.

Jeff Flinn

WittyGuy

Hi,
Any pointers/source for learning FSM implementation will be greatly
helpful.

thanks,
-Wg-