FSM single process...BIG question

Joined
Dec 2, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
I've a probelm to efficiently unregister output from FSM written in a single process style...

in FSM synch process (don't pay attention to syntax..):

case IDLE:
if (pippo = '1') then
next_state <= START;
if (pluto = '1') then
outp <= '0';
else
outp <= '1';
end if;
end if;

outp is registered...if I want to avoid that register I shoud (in another process) duplicate a lot of logic:

if (state = IDLE) then
if (pippo = '1' and pluto = '1') then
outp <= '0'
elsif (pippo = '1' and pluto = '0') then
outp <= '1';
else outp <= 'Z' -- for example
end if;
end if;

Is it possible to unregister output without duplicating that logic (It seems to me very poor coding...)...

Thanx for any help
Carlo