Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi
I'm facing a problem in FSM design.
If I use only a single state signal and modify it on clk it works
But if I use the conventional way of present_state<= next_state on clk and change the next_state on present state it does not work.
What can be the problem And its solution.
Please help.

Thanks and Regards
engrjet

Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
No !
I think I failed to explain the problem to you.
process(clk, rst)
begin
if rst = '0'
present_state<= reset;
elsif clk'event and clk= '1' then
present_state<= next_state;
end if;
end process;
process(present_state,.....)-- all the asynchronous signals for change of state.
case present_state is

Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
Code:
process(clk, rst)
begin
if rst = '0'
present_state<= reset;
elsif clk'event and clk= '1' then
present_state<= next_state;
end if;
end process;

process(present_state,.....)-- all the asynchronous signals for change of state.
Next_state <= Present_state; -- TRY THIS LINE
case present_state is