FSO: Localhost has stopped working?

JohnB111

Hi

Environment:
Windows XPPRO SP2
IIS 5.1
AVG Anti Virus (Not script Blocking)

The following code used to work perfectly on my local development machine
and still does on my web server.

This is the ERROR Message:

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid class string
/cp34/34113/blank/installer/_INCtools_.asp, line 36

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Maxthon; .NET CLR
2.0.50727)

Page:
GET /cp34/34113/blank/installer/000_Welcome.asp

Time:
Friday, February 24, 2006, 7:13:48 AM

This is the code from the _INCtools_.asp (line 36 indicated by //***********)
The 000_Welcome.asp has _INCtools_.asp as an Include

dim FSO
dim Folder
dim FileName
dim File
dim sFullPath
set FSO = server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") //***********
if IsObject(FSO) then

For what ever reason, it has stopped working here and I need to get it going
again.

The things I have tried ....

1: Uninstalled Nortons (Scripting was turned off anyway)
2: Re-registered the scrrun.dll
3: Checked the permissions on the scrrun.dll and IIS directories
(All have ISUR_{machinename} read/execute permissions)
4: Read every post on the net regarding the issue in the past 24 hours.
The only result is in knowing I am not the only one having the problem,
however I cannot find a resolution.

I need to get this resolved, surely there is a way of making this work again
without the need to press the FORMAT C: button.

TIA for any assistance that can help me resolve this problem, I really need
some sleep :)

Kind regards, John

Paxton

JohnB111 said:
[...]

Does it work in other scripts on the same machine?

/P.

JohnB111

Hi Paxton

Thanks for replying .....

No, FSO has stopped completely on the machine.

Getting closer to a resolution though (after two days of reading and testing
things)

My normal day involves logging onto a domain in a network.

After looking into the registry, it appears the permissions in the registry
are wrong and am working on seeing whats going on at the moment. Won't let me
change them in the domain and really weird in safe mode.

Will keep looking and post the result here.

Thanks John

Paxton

Sounds like a job for System Restore

:)

/P.
Hi Paxton

Thanks for replying .....

No, FSO has stopped completely on the machine.

Getting closer to a resolution though (after two days of reading and testing
things)

My normal day involves logging onto a domain in a network.

After looking into the registry, it appears the permissions in the registry
are wrong and am working on seeing whats going on at the moment. Won't let me
change them in the domain and really weird in safe mode.

Will keep looking and post the result here.

Thanks John

JohnB111

Hi Paxton (and anyone else reading or having the problem)

All fixed (without a restore or format)

Don't know how or why, but the permissions were screwed up at REGISTRY LEVEL
Permissions on directory level and IIS appeared correct, but if the registry
did not allow it, you have no hope.

I am not 100% sure if this only applies when a Network/Domain is involved or
not, bit jusdging by the number of posts on the net regarding this topic, I
would say it is general.

Basically here is what I did, hope it save someone else some grief (I nearly
gave up and did that format)

1) Logged onto the machine as an administrator, without the network being
connected.

2) Start > Run > regedit

3) HKEY_LOCAL_Machine > SOFTWARE > Classes > Scripting.FileSystemObject

4) Right Click and select Permissions.
If yours is like mine, there will be only one or two there.
Add the permissions for all the normal users - System, IUSR_..., Guests,
Administrator

5) HKEY_LOCAL_Machine > SOFTWARE > Classes > CLSID
Search for this {0D43FE01-F093-11CF-8940-00A0C9054228}
Add the same permissions that you added to #4

6) Save the registry

7) Reboot, cross your fingers and anything else that will cross (it worked
for me anyway)

8) Test your FSO program again, mine worked, I hope yours does as well.

Thanks to Paxton for taking the time to reply and to anyone else who read
this post.

Kind regards

John