    Do you know why Net::FTP does not support nmap?

    Is ther any other package that supports nmap ftp command for filename mapping.

    Thanks.
    bala, Mar 25, 2005

  2. bala

    Matija Papec Guest

    On 25 Mar 2005 03:35:24 -0800, (bala) wrote:

    >Do you know why Net::FTP does not support nmap?
    >
    >Is ther any other package that supports nmap ftp command for filename mapping.

    I'm not sure what are you referring to, is there actually "nmap"
    command in ftp RFC?
    Matija Papec, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Matija Papec wrote:

    > I'm not sure what are you referring to, is there actually "nmap"
    > command in ftp RFC?

    No, but there is one listed in the man page for the command-line FTP client
    that I have:

    nmap [inpattern outpattern]
    Set or unset the filename mapping mechanism. If no arguments
    are specified, the filename mapping mechanism is unset. If
    arguments are specified, remote filenames are mapped during
    mput commands and put commands issued without a specified
    remote target filename.

    It sounds like it could be a handy feature for the Net::FTP module to have.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Mar 25, 2005
  4. Matija Papec wrote:

    > On 25 Mar 2005 03:35:24 -0800, (bala) wrote:
    >
    >>Is ther any other package that supports nmap ftp command for filename
    >>mapping.

    > I'm not sure what are you referring to, is there actually "nmap"
    > command in ftp RFC?

    Heh... I just noticed, the OP said "ftp command", not "FTP command". That
    is, he's talking about a client, not the protocol. Case-sensitivity - it's
    not just for PERL any more! :)

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Mar 25, 2005
  5. bala

    Guest

    Sherm Pendley wrote:
    > Matija Papec wrote:
    >
    > > I'm not sure what are you referring to, is there actually "nmap"
    > > command in ftp RFC?

    > No, but there is one listed in the man page for the command-line FTP

    client
    > that I have:
    >
    > nmap [inpattern outpattern]
    > Set or unset the filename mapping mechanism. If no arguments
    > are specified, the filename mapping mechanism is unset. If
    > arguments are specified, remote filenames are mapped during
    > mput commands and put commands issued without a specified
    > remote target filename.
    >
    > It sounds like it could be a handy feature for the Net::FTP module to

    have.

    > sherm--
    >
    > --
    > Cocoa programming in Perl: http://camelbones.sourceforge.net
    > Hire me! My resume: http://www.dot-app.org

    You are spot on. Not sure why Graham Barr decided not to provide this
    in Net::FTP.
    , Mar 26, 2005
  6. bala

    Guest

    bala <> wrote:
    > Do you know why Net::FTP does not support nmap?
    > Is ther any other package that supports nmap ftp command for filename mapping.

    Why would you need it since s/// can do the same thing?

    Axel
    , Mar 26, 2005
  7. bala

    Matija Papec Guest

    On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:20:45 -0500, Sherm Pendley wrote:

    >>>Is ther any other package that supports nmap ftp command for filename
    >>>mapping.

    >> I'm not sure what are you referring to, is there actually "nmap"
    >> command in ftp RFC?

    > Heh... I just noticed, the OP said "ftp command", not "FTP command". That
    > is, he's talking about a client, not the protocol. Case-sensitivity - it's
    > not just for PERL any more! :)

    :) true, although I'm not sure if OP intentionally wrote with small caps.
    Matija Papec, Mar 29, 2005