FTP over SSL

Larry Bates

Tor said:
Hi,

Anyone know about existing code supporting FTP over SSL?
I guess pycurl http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/ could be used, but that
requires knowledge of libcurl, which I haven't.

regards

I don't know if it helps at all, but you can do https put of a file over SSL
to server and/or you can use Webdav (if DAV server is available on target
server) to copy files as well.

-Larry

Stefan Schwarzer

Anyone know about existing code supporting FTP over SSL?
I guess pycurl http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/ could be used, but that
requires knowledge of libcurl, which I haven't.

Possibly you could use M2Crypto [1]. It has a FTP_TLS class
in module ftpslib which is similar to ftplib.FTP. To use FTP
more easily, you can use ftputil [2] (I'm its author). You
should be able to use M2Crypto via ftputil [3].

[1] http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/MeTooCrypto#Downloads
[2] http://ftputil.sschwarzer.net
[3] http://ftputil.sschwarzer.net/trac/browser/branches/add_stat_caching/ftputil.txt?rev=622
line 893