    freeware range of FTP software and what their recommendations are.

    Thanks,
    Pickles.

    Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis, Mar 23, 2005

  2. Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis wrote:

    > I'd be interested to know what people use from the
    > freeware range of FTP software and what their recommendations are.

    If I had to use ftp, then I'd use ncftp. I wouldn't want to upload my
    website with it though, for that I usually go with Rsync over SSH.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Mar 23, 2005

  3. In alt.html, Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis wrote:

    > freeware range of FTP software

    FileZilla is also very good, from the House of Mozilla.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla

    BTW, you should not cross-post to AT&T Worldnet internal newsgroups;
    besides, the one you chose was closed years ago.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 23, 2005
  4. Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis

    R2G2 Guest

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:32:19 +0000 (UTC), "Jonathan (Pickles)
    Sklan-Willis" <> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I am uploading heavy (30-50mb) catalogues, and for some reason (probably
    >my computer - I'm on 2mb broadband) LeechFTP & FTP Commander keep
    >crashing on me. I know it's not my server. I once had an amazing FTP
    >program that worked beautifully but I've forgotten what it was called
    >and where I got it. I'd be interested to know what people use from the
    >freeware range of FTP software and what their recommendations are.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Pickles.

    Coreftp works ok when I've used it

    --
    Beccy

    Bec but...

    R2G2, Mar 23, 2005
  5. Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Mar 23, 2005
  6. Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis wrote:

    > I once had an amazing FTP program that worked beautifully but I've
    > forgotten what it was called and where I got it.

    WS_FTP LE?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Mar 23, 2005
  7. Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis

    Trev Guest

    "Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am uploading heavy (30-50mb) catalogues, and for some reason (probably
    > my computer - I'm on 2mb broadband) LeechFTP & FTP Commander keep crashing
    > on me. I know it's not my server. I once had an amazing FTP program that
    > worked beautifully but I've forgotten what it was called and where I got
    > it. I'd be interested to know what people use from the freeware range of
    > FTP software and what their recommendations are.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Pickles.

    XP's built in or Dreamweaver

    Trev, Mar 23, 2005
  8. Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Trev wrote:
    > "Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>
    >>I am uploading heavy (30-50mb) catalogues, and for some reason (probably
    >>my computer - I'm on 2mb broadband) LeechFTP & FTP Commander keep crashing
    >>on me. I know it's not my server. I once had an amazing FTP program that
    >>worked beautifully but I've forgotten what it was called and where I got
    >>it. I'd be interested to know what people use from the freeware range of
    >>FTP software and what their recommendations are.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Pickles.

    > XP's built in or Dreamweaver

    Yeah those are my fallback FTP clients too. Leech is just a bit weird
    sometimes on a modern machine. Really wish the guy would update
    LeechFTP, or release to code open source. It was the best little FTP
    program out there for ages.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Mar 23, 2005
  9. Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis

    Rob Duval Guest

    Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am uploading heavy (30-50mb) catalogues, and for some reason (probably
    > my computer - I'm on 2mb broadband) LeechFTP & FTP Commander keep
    > crashing on me. I know it's not my server. I once had an amazing FTP
    > program that worked beautifully but I've forgotten what it was called
    > and where I got it. I'd be interested to know what people use from the
    > freeware range of FTP software and what their recommendations are.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Pickles.

    Globalscape's CuteFTP. Can't remember if it's nagware, or crippleware,
    though.

    Rob Duval, Mar 24, 2005
  10. Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis wrote:
    > I'd be interested to know what people use from the freeware range of
    > FTP software and what their recommendations are.

    I use scp for uploading things to my server, so I don't usually need an
    FTP client. But when I do, I generally use lftp (http://lftp.yar.ru/).
    If I were on Windows, I would probably use SmartFTP (http://smartftp.com/).

    [F'ups trimmed.]

    Leif K-Brooks, Mar 24, 2005
  11. In alt.html.editors.enhanced-html "Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis" <> wrote:
    > I am uploading heavy (30-50mb) catalogues, and for some reason (probably
    > my computer - I'm on 2mb broadband) LeechFTP & FTP Commander keep
    > crashing on me. I know it's not my server. I once had an amazing FTP
    > program that worked beautifully but I've forgotten what it was called
    > and where I got it. I'd be interested to know what people use from the
    > freeware range of FTP software and what their recommendations are.

    LFTP, simply amazing. It even seems to have a Windows version (I don't
    use Windows but since you seem to have so many crashes I belibe it's
    what you are using).

    Cheers,
    Angel

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?=C1ngel?=, Mar 24, 2005
  12. Toby Inkster wrote:
    > Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis wrote:
    >

    >>I once had an amazing FTP program that worked beautifully but I've
    >>forgotten what it was called and where I got it.

    > WS_FTP LE?

    Definitely not!

    Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis, Mar 26, 2005
  13. Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis

    kchayka Guest

    Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis wrote:
    > Toby Inkster wrote:
    >>
    >> WS_FTP LE?
    >>

    > Definitely not!

    Don't worry, it's not even available any more. :)

    kchayka, Mar 26, 2005
  14. Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Jonathan (Pickles) Sklan-Willis wrote:

    > Definitely not!

    It (WS_FTP LE) is a beautiful FTP client. The only GUI FTP client I've
    ever really liked.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Now Playing ~ ./lenny_kravitz/fly_away.ogg

    Toby Inkster, Mar 26, 2005
  15. Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > I use scp for uploading things to my server, so I don't usually need an
    > FTP client. But when I do, I generally use lftp (http://lftp.yar.ru/).
    > If I were on Windows, I would probably use SmartFTP (http://smartftp.com/).

    Both excellent choices (although rsync is more fun on Linux).

    Yesterday I moved ~200 x ~2 MB jpeg files to my site. SmartFTP just sat
    there and handled it. I tried a half-dozen FTP clients out and SmartFTP
    was at least as good as the be$t of them.

    No nag screens, either.

    Bill
    --

    http://nmwoodworks.com

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0702-0, 01/09/2007
    Tested on: 1/11/2007 12:34:57 AM

    Bill in Detroit, Jan 11, 2007