FTP Publish succeeds (but says failure)

Tim Royal

Hey there. I've searched the web to find a solution to this problem, but
couldn't find anybody else experiencing it.

I'm using Visual Studio 2008, and have several projects for customers that I
routinely publish via FTP to live servers hosted at various places (web.com,
valueweb.com, etc.)

All of the ones I publish through ftp to web.com and other places work
exactly as intended, no problems. However, for this one particular host
(valueweb.com), I experience an issue where it publishes files correctly,
BUT it always gives this message after each file that it uploads:

"Unable to add css/main.css" to the web site. Could not find a web server at
'ftp.tyoc.com'. Please check to make sure tha tthe web server name is valid
and your proxy settings are set correctly.'

I'm thankful that it actually publishes, but this message is making the
publish take muchg, much longer (it seems to time out after a while). Does
anyone know why it would publish files via ftp, but then give an error
message that it couldn't? My guess is there's some sort of way that the
valueweb.com ftp is setup, but if someone else has a solution, I could
either employ it on my side or suggest it on theirs.

Thanks for any insight.

Tim