$ftp->rget() does not work for MS Windows FTP Server

semovrs

Hello, everyone,
Has anyone tried to use Net::FTP::Recursive to connect to windows ftp
service and used ftp->rget() with it? I tried it several times and it
would return success for ftp->rget() but it wouldn't download my
directory and subdirectories from the Winblows ftp server. I tried the
same code to connect to a linux box and it worked just fine. So I am
wondering - could it be the OS that's wasting my time?
Thanks for any input in advance.
Roumen.

semovrs

Like who?
Are you saying Billy The Kid? I would just shoot him if could "contact"
him.

Peter Wyzl

: Like who?
: Are you saying Billy The Kid? I would just shoot him if could "contact"
: him.

Welll that depends now doesn't it. Is it the native ftp server that comes
with IIS or is it some other third party program, of which there are many?

John Mason Jr

Hello, everyone,
Has anyone tried to use Net::FTP::Recursive to connect to windows ftp
service and used ftp->rget() with it? I tried it several times and it
would return success for ftp->rget() but it wouldn't download my
directory and subdirectories from the Winblows ftp server. I tried the
same code to connect to a linux box and it worked just fine. So I am
wondering - could it be the OS that's wasting my time?
Thanks for any input in advance.
Roumen.

On MS FTP server go into properties and set directory listing to Unix

<http://www.microsoft.com/windows200...ndows2000/en/server/iis/htm/core/iiprsovr.htm>

Default is MS-DOS listing

John