    process running that eventually times out. Has anyone run into a similar
    problem?

    Thanks.

    All Smiles, Jun 21, 2004

  2. All Smiles

    All Smiles Guest

    I'm convinved this is a permission based issue on the web server, just not
    sure if it's the /temp directory that needs r/w permission by the default
    WWW user or the .NET process user or some other process.

    "All Smiles" <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to use WebRequest to FTP from my local machine to a remote
    > server, but I continually get a 550 response from the server. I can create
    > the file, but cannot write to it or delete it - there seems to be a

    hanging

    All Smiles, Jun 21, 2004

  3. All Smiles

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    All Smiles wrote:
    > I'm trying to use WebRequest to FTP from my local machine to a remote
    > server, but I continually get a 550 response from the server. I can
    > create the file, but cannot write to it or delete it - there seems to
    > be a hanging process running that eventually times out. Has anyone
    > run into a similar problem?

    There's no FTP support in .NET 1.1. What are you *really* doing? HTTP PUT?
    Using a third-party class?

    Cheers,

    --
    Joerg Jooss

    Joerg Jooss, Jun 26, 2004
  4. I assume you are using some implementation of WebRequest...

    here you find the ftp server response codes:
    http://www.the-eggman.com/seminars/ftp_error_codes.html

    550 - Requested action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no
    access).

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Zeeshan Mustafa, MCSD