ftplib storbinary with timeout on windows

Gerrit Holl

Hello,

I am trying to upload a set of files to a ftp server from Windows.
Unfortunately, the ftp server is not very reliable, and sometimes the
connection seems to hang. A possible solution would be using a timeout,
specified before I try to upload the file. Under Windows, this can't be
done with signal.alarm, because it is unavailable. Am I looking for
ayncore or asynchat? Or is there a different, easier solution? How would
I use it in combination with FTPlib?

Using an external library is fine, but I am not very much of a windows
guy, so a crossplatform solution would be much preferred.

kind regards,
Gerrit Holl.