ftplib storbinary with timeout on windows

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gerrit Holl, Dec 29, 2003.

  1. Gerrit Holl

    Gerrit Holl Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to upload a set of files to a ftp server from Windows.
    Unfortunately, the ftp server is not very reliable, and sometimes the
    connection seems to hang. A possible solution would be using a timeout,
    specified before I try to upload the file. Under Windows, this can't be
    done with signal.alarm, because it is unavailable. Am I looking for
    ayncore or asynchat? Or is there a different, easier solution? How would
    I use it in combination with FTPlib?

    Using an external library is fine, but I am not very much of a windows
    guy, so a crossplatform solution would be much preferred.

    kind regards,
    Gerrit Holl.

    --
    267. If the herdsman overlook something, and an accident happen in the
    stable, then the herdsman is at fault for the accident which he has caused

    Gerrit Holl, Dec 29, 2003