Full Screen feature in Java ?

Discussion in 'Java' started by KS, Nov 8, 2003.

  1. KS

    KS Guest

    On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 15:58:56 +0000, Minh wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > is it possible to implement a full screen feature in Java (like in
    > Windows Media Player), so that I just have to type Alt+Enter and voilá
    > ... full screen without any borders or menu bar.
    >
    > Any ideas ?
    >
    > Tristan

    How about using Window instead of Frame to show what ever you want to
    show. Window has no menu, no frames etc..

    Just an idea.

    -Kari

    Minh, Nov 8, 2003

  3. Do something like this to create a fullscreen
    JFrame.

    public FullScreenFrame extends JFrame
    {
    public FullScreenFrame( String title )
    {
    super(title)

    setUndecorated(true);
    Dimension screenSize = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getScreenSize();
    setBounds(0,0,screenSize.width, screenSize.height);

    Hope this helps,

    Kevin

    R. Kevin Cole, Nov 9, 2003
  4. KS

    Deepak Nayal Guest

    I am not absolutely sure, but I think I read somewhere that JDK 1.4 has
    this functionality.

    Regards
    Deepak

    Deepak Nayal, Nov 9, 2003
  5. "KS" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 15:58:56 +0000, Minh wrote:

    > > is it possible to implement a full screen feature in Java (like in
    > > Windows Media Player), so that I just have to type Alt+Enter and voilá
    > > ... full screen without any borders or menu bar.

    > How about using Window instead of Frame to show what ever you want to
    > show. Window has no menu, no frames etc..

    The PhySci ImageBrowser uses a JWindow for the
    slideshow. You can get the .jar containing the source
    at http://www.physci.org/PhySci.jar for an example.

    The OP might be able to put their GUI into
    a JPanel that can be displayed in either
    the original JFrame, or the fullscreen JWindow..

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.AThompson.info/

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 9, 2003