full screen gui

Discussion in 'Python' started by linuxnooby@yahoo.com.au, Jan 14, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    I am trying to write a python script to run on windows xp that will
    have a full screen gui.

    The script has a function that creates a full screen (hides task bar)
    top level window using tkinter.

    If I close the window and call the function a 2nd time the resulting
    window is full screen, but does not hide the task bar this time.

    I have included code below. Any suggestions as to how i can fix this? I
    am open to suggestions about other python gui

    cheers David

    from Tkinter import *
    import time

    #create invisible root window
    root = Tk()
    root.withdraw()

    def closewindow():

    top.destroy()
    time.sleep(4)
    create()

    def create():
    global top
    top = Toplevel(root)

    top.overrideredirect(1) #hides max min buttons
    w, h = root.winfo_screenwidth(), root.winfo_screenheight()
    top.geometry("%dx%d+0+0" % (w, h))

    app = Frame(top)
    app.grid()

    bttnhide = Button(app, text ="destroy window and create a new window
    in 4 seconds", command=closewindow)
    bttnhide.grid()

    bttnclose = Button(app, text ="exit application",
    command=root.destroy)
    bttnclose.grid()

    create()

    root.mainloop()
    , Jan 14, 2006

  2. Yarvin Guest

    Hey

    umm.... the program seems to work fine for me. I'm running Linux
    though... might be different on windows....

    Alvin
    Yarvin, Jan 14, 2006