    2) I only need to support IE

    Thanks,
    John Curley

    John Curley, Dec 3, 2003

  2. John Curley wrote:
    > Hi, All:
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can get a web page to automatically go to full screen
    > mode at load up time?

    That's the users problem. Some like it full screen, some not(like me).
    Users have different resolutions. full screen on a 1248x1024 looks VERY
    different from full screen on 800x600 or 640x480.

    > Two issues specific to my scenario:
    >
    > 1) I am using frames on this website

    Think again: you usually can't print frames and it often looks lousy
    with a different resolution than designed for
    > 2) I only need to support IE

    And what about all of the non M$-users (or just non-IE-users) out
    there?? There is NOTHING (that has got anything to do with "web page")
    that can't be done with the standard or a M$/Netscape4/Gecko trick.
    (Opera will usually fit into there)

    Thomas Jollans, Dec 3, 2003

  3. John Curley

    Jay Guest

    "John Curley" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, All:
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can get a web page to automatically go to full

    screen
    > mode at load up time?
    >
    > Two issues specific to my scenario:
    >
    > 1) I am using frames on this website
    > 2) I only need to support IE

    Google does many wonders...
    Search for javascript full screen

    If this is a public site, don't use it. It really sucks when some bone-head
    webmaster changes my browser size because (s)he didn't like the way I had
    it.

    - J

    Jay, Dec 3, 2003
  4. John Curley

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:rBozb.8$>
    John Curley said:

    > Does anyone know how I can get a web page to automatically go to full screen
    > mode at load up time?

    whatever made you think i would want a browser window 4384x1200px? if
    *you* want a browser window full screen maximize *your* browser. you do
    not know better than your visitors what size they want for their
    windows.

    --
    brucie
    04/December/2003 03:56:00 am kilo

    brucie, Dec 3, 2003
  5. John Curley

    Louis Somers Guest

    "John Curley" <> wrote in

    > Hi, All:
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can get a web page to automatically go to full
    > screen mode at load up time?

    Ask your visitors politely if they would like to press F11 please.

    But if you really want to chase your visitors away by irritating them you
    can do so like this:

    function FullScreen(){
    this.moveTo(0,0);
    resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);
    }
    function EvenFullerScreen(){
    window.open("fullscreen.htm","Aaarrgh","fullscreen");
    }
    </script>
    <title>FullScreen</title>
    </head>

    --
    News Updater, No scripts, No Database
    http://www.xmlssoftware.com/NUpdater

    Louis Somers, Dec 3, 2003
  6. John Curley

    Louis Somers Guest

    Just an afterthought, to really annoy everyone you can do the following.

    WARNING! SAVE ALL YOUR WORK BEFORE TRYING THIS! and alse DO NOT TRY THIS IN
    OPERA. I had a hard time getting Opera back to normal again.

    But for the brave:

    window.open("fullscreen.htm",Math.random(),"fullscreen");
    function Full(){
    window.open("fullscreen.htm","s","fullscreen");
    }
    </script>
    <title>FullScreenMaddness</title>
    </head>

    IE doesn't seem to want any integers there, even .toString() will not work.
    Anyway who wants it to work :)

    Louis Somers, Dec 4, 2003