full screen on load with javascript or vbscript

John Curley

Hi, All:

Does anyone know how I can get a web page to automatically go to full screen
mode at load up time?

Two issues specific to my scenario:

1) I am using frames on this website
2) I only need to support IE

Thanks,
John Curley

Thomas Jollans

John said:
Hi, All:

Does anyone know how I can get a web page to automatically go to full screen
mode at load up time?
That's the users problem. Some like it full screen, some not(like me).
Users have different resolutions. full screen on a 1248x1024 looks VERY
different from full screen on 800x600 or 640x480.
Two issues specific to my scenario:

1) I am using frames on this website
Think again: you usually can't print frames and it often looks lousy
with a different resolution than designed for
2) I only need to support IE
And what about all of the non M$-users (or just non-IE-users) out
there?? There is NOTHING (that has got anything to do with "web page")
that can't be done with the standard or a M$/Netscape4/Gecko trick.
(Opera will usually fit into there)

Jay

John Curley said:
Hi, All:

Does anyone know how I can get a web page to automatically go to full screen
mode at load up time?

Two issues specific to my scenario:

1) I am using frames on this website
2) I only need to support IE

Google does many wonders...
Search for javascript full screen

If this is a public site, don't use it. It really sucks when some bone-head
webmaster changes my browser size because (s)he didn't like the way I had
it.

- J

brucie

Does anyone know how I can get a web page to automatically go to full screen
mode at load up time?

whatever made you think i would want a browser window 4384x1200px? if
*you* want a browser window full screen maximize *your* browser. you do
not know better than your visitors what size they want for their
windows.

Louis Somers

Hi, All:

Does anyone know how I can get a web page to automatically go to full
screen mode at load up time?

Ask your visitors politely if they would like to press F11 please.

But if you really want to chase your visitors away by irritating them you
can do so like this:

function FullScreen(){
this.moveTo(0,0);
resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);
}
function EvenFullerScreen(){
window.open("fullscreen.htm","Aaarrgh","fullscreen");
}
</script>
<title>FullScreen</title>
</head>

Louis Somers

Just an afterthought, to really annoy everyone you can do the following.

WARNING! SAVE ALL YOUR WORK BEFORE TRYING THIS! and alse DO NOT TRY THIS IN
OPERA. I had a hard time getting Opera back to normal again.

But for the brave:

window.open("fullscreen.htm",Math.random(),"fullscreen");
function Full(){
window.open("fullscreen.htm","s","fullscreen");
}
</script>
<title>FullScreenMaddness</title>
</head>

IE doesn't seem to want any integers there, even .toString() will not work.
Anyway who wants it to work :)