    I want to ask that how can i make my console program open in full
    screen mode?
    Thanx...
    EreN, Dec 4, 2006

  2. EreN

    Chris Dollin Guest

    EreN wrote:

    > Hi!
    > Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been opened
    > before..
    > I want to ask that how can i make my console program open in full
    > screen mode?

    That depends heavily on what environment (operating system, etc)
    you're running in. There is /no/ solution that works using only
    Standard C. So your best bet is to ask somewhere environment-
    specific, where you can not only expect an answer but to have
    that answer supported (or not) by other local experts.

    On a hunch that you're using some MS operating system, I believe
    there's a comp.windows.programming you can ask in. Here there's
    a strong bias for discussing the implementation-independant
    aspects of C.

    --
    Chris "subtle, like a barrel" Dollin
    "Never ask that question!" Ambassador Kosh, /Babylon 5/
    Chris Dollin, Dec 4, 2006

  3. EreN

    jacob navia Guest

    Re: [OT] Full Screen

    Chris Dollin a écrit :
    > EreN wrote:
    >

    >>Hi!
    >>Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been opened
    >>before..
    >>I want to ask that how can i make my console program open in full
    >>screen mode?

    > That depends heavily on what environment (operating system, etc)
    > you're running in. There is /no/ solution that works using only
    > Standard C. So your best bet is to ask somewhere environment-
    > specific, where you can not only expect an answer but to have
    > that answer supported (or not) by other local experts.
    >
    > On a hunch that you're using some MS operating system, I believe
    > there's a comp.windows.programming you can ask in. Here there's
    > a strong bias for discussing the implementation-independant
    > aspects of C.

    < OT >

    I think windows doesn't let you "full screen" any more.
    I am using windows server 2003, and there is no way to
    put a console in full screen. Alt+Return doesn't work,
    and the "window" parameter of the properties dialog
    doesn't show any more the "full screen" option...

    With modern screens like 1920x1280, that would look horrible anyway

    < /OT >
    jacob navia, Dec 4, 2006
  4. Chris Dollin said:

    > EreN wrote:
    >
    >> Hi!
    >> Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been opened
    >> before..
    >> I want to ask that how can i make my console program open in full
    >> screen mode?

    <snip>

    > On a hunch that you're using some MS operating system, I believe
    > there's a comp.windows.programming you can ask in.

    If your hunch is correct, then comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 is
    probably EreN's best bet.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
    Richard Heathfield, Dec 4, 2006
  5. EreN

    CBFalconer Guest

    Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > Chris Dollin said:
    >> EreN wrote:
    >>
    >>> Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been opened
    >>> before.. I want to ask that how can i make my console program
    >>> open in full screen mode?

    > <snip>
    >
    >> On a hunch that you're using some MS operating system, I believe
    >> there's a comp.windows.programming you can ask in.

    > If your hunch is correct, then comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
    > is probably EreN's best bet.

    Nobody has bothered to tell him that this group deals ONLY with the
    standard portable C language, and that he should have lurked for a
    while before posting to discover what is and is not topical here.
    This advice applies to all newsgroups.

    --
    Some informative links:
    CBFalconer, Dec 4, 2006
  6. CBFalconer said:

    > Richard Heathfield wrote:

    <snip>

    >> If your hunch is correct, then comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
    >> is probably EreN's best bet.

    > Nobody has bothered to tell him that this group deals ONLY with the
    > standard portable C language,

    Read Chris Dollin's reply more closely.

    Richard Heathfield, Dec 4, 2006
  7. EreN

    Chris Dollin Guest

    Richard Heathfield wrote:

    > CBFalconer said:
    >
    >> Richard Heathfield wrote:

    > <snip>
    >>>
    >>> If your hunch is correct, then comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
    >>> is probably EreN's best bet.

    >> Nobody has bothered to tell him that this group deals ONLY with the
    >> standard portable C language,

    > Read Chris Dollin's reply more closely.

    Although I didn't state it as strongly as CB did or give
    the lurking advice, so I forgive him.

    --
    Chris "subtle, like a barrel" Dollin
    Scoring, bah. If I want scoring I'll go play /Age of Steam/.
    Chris Dollin, Dec 4, 2006
  8. Re: [OT] Full Screen

    jacob navia <> writes:
    [...]
    > < OT >
    >
    > I think windows doesn't let you "full screen" any more.

    Mine does. The details are, of course, completely off-topic here, but
    there are a plethora of Windows newsgroups where you can discuss this
    as much as you like.

    Keith Thompson, Dec 4, 2006
  9. EreN

    EreN Guest

    hi again to everyone #including <CBFalconer.h>

    first of all, i want to thank you for your kind and helpful attitude
    towards my question.
    i said "Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been
    opened
    before" but of course ive searched it million times and i couldnt find
    a proper answer.
    you say that we are only discussing portable c. i ve posted it here
    because i just wanted an solution in
    the frames of portable c.

    some of them have given me links opening to"How To Ask Questions The
    Smart Way" etc.
    i have searched links like "How To Be Human or Humanoid" but i couldnt
    find it.
    after that the Uncle Google remind me that it's something innate skill.
    Thanx.
    EreN, Dec 4, 2006
  10. EreN

    santosh Guest

    EreN wrote:
    > hi again to everyone #including <CBFalconer.h>

    Please include some context when replying.

    > first of all, i want to thank you for your kind and helpful attitude
    > towards my question.
    > i said "Im new in this group so i dont know if that topic has been
    > opened
    > before" but of course ive searched it million times and i couldnt find
    > a proper answer.
    > you say that we are only discussing portable c. i ve posted it here
    > because i just wanted an solution in
    > the frames of portable c.

    Standard C has no concept of screen, let alone full-screens. Generally,
    changing to full-screen mode is highly system specific, hence posting
    this question to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer etc. would elicit a much
    better response.
    santosh, Dec 5, 2006