    nothing about how to detect it.
    --
    John Bankhead
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBCYW5raGVhZA==?=, Apr 15, 2005

  2. I would look at detecting what the screen size max is, and then check the
    actual available width and height of the browser window to see if they
    match.

    You'll need a couple of bits of javascript - something like this for the
    browser size

    For netscape: probably
    window.innerWidth;
    window.innerHeight;

    For IE - probably
    window.document.body.clientWidth;
    window.document.body.clientHeight;

    and a bit of script to get the actualk screen width
    if (document.layers || document.all) {
    w = screen.availWidth;
    h = screen.availHeight;
    }Not tried any of these though, you'll have to wing it and see how it goes.
    You may need to compensate anywhere for scrollbar widths.-- Regards
    John Timney
    ASP.NET MVP
    Microsoft Regional Director

    "John Bankhead" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to detect if the browser is in full screen mode? I see
    > several posts about how to set fullscreen mode and how it cant be done,

    but
    John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\), Apr 15, 2005

  3. That was my original approach. Unfortunately that method does not
    distinguish between full screen mode(F11) and maximized. There are several
    pages in the application that display more data than makes good sense, and I
    want to be able to tell the user that he should hit F11 for the best
    presentation of data. Preferably as a modal.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBCYW5raGVhZA==?=, Apr 18, 2005