    i must be just trying to load too much in one page? is there any way
    around this, or will i have to break up my table using paging?

    thanks in advance...
    fizzy, Jun 21, 2005

  2. fizzy

    Elton Wang Guest

    You might try to disable viewstate of the datagrid. It can improve the
    performance. However, it also disables some functionality of the datagrid.

    HTH

    Elton Wang

    Elton Wang, Jun 21, 2005

  3. fizzy

    fizzy Guest

    thanks elton.
    i'll give it a go - i tend to get a bit confused about when i can
    disable viewstate and when it is best not to.
    i have disabled it in the past and it has actually slowed things down a
    lot!?
    what functionality is lost without viewstate?
    fizzy, Jun 21, 2005
  4. fizzy

    Elton Wang Guest

    Some thimg like paging, sorting.