Fully Editable Datagrid

Pawan Gupta

Hi,
I am fairly new to ASP.Net but the transition to .net
world cudnt have been more easy .. I have enjoyed wurking
in .Net till now. Well I have a requirement to make the
datagrid fully editable. Is there any way to do so ??? I
did google but they talk about writing you own custom
control inheriting datagrid class which wud be my last
option ... I DO know how to edit it record by record ..
but unfortunately this doesnt serve my purpose. Any
pointer would be highly appreciated ...
Thanks in advance.

Pawan.

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

Pawan said:
I am fairly new to ASP.Net but the transition to .net
world cudnt have been more easy .. I have enjoyed wurking
in .Net till now. Well I have a requirement to make the
datagrid fully editable. Is there any way to do so ??? I
did google but they talk about writing you own custom
control inheriting datagrid class which wud be my last
option ... I DO know how to edit it record by record ..
but unfortunately this doesnt serve my purpose. Any
pointer would be highly appreciated ...

Pawan, if you have a subscription to asp.net PRO (or know someone who
does), you can access an article I wrote on this very topic at:
http://www.aspnetpro.com/features/2004/05/asp200405sm_f/asp200405sm_f.asp

hth

--

Scott Mitchell