Fun With Eclipse and Smart Clients

John Bailo

I've been working on a smart client in .NET for the past two months, and now
I'm looking into doing one in J2EE and eclipse.

Plus, I might even push to do it in Linux/Gtk.

Under Suse, Eclipse installs in a breeze as part of the distro.

I ran through the eclipse SWT tutorial and with one or two glitches got it
to work with the gtk version...the rest should be cake.

Here's an article comparing smart clients, .NET vs. J2EE...BTW I disagree
with page 4 and wrote the author about it.

The Smart Choice for Smart Clients: J2EE or .NET?
http://www.devx.com/Java/Article/21602

Andrew Thompson

The Smart Choice for Smart Clients: J2EE or .NET?

Please note, for future referencem that posts of this nature
are best sent to the relevant Java advocacy group.
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljad>

Anpther point to consider is that when you X-Post and
set follow-ups, it is generally a good idea to warn
responders that you have done so.

[ comp.os.linux.advocacy added back into x-post, but
Follow-ups set to c.l.j.programmer only. ]