Function keys

Larry Scoffield

I can capture the function keys, but I am unable to disable the function key
from being acted upon by the browser. For example the f5 key refreshes the
window.

Is there a way to cature the function key and keep Netscape or IE from
acting on the key pressed.

Larry

steve stevo

you can detect by using
document.onkeypress
but the question is why would you want to do it ?
i would not be happy browsing your site if you were interfering with base
controls.