functional tracing in a solaris machine

aki

Hi folks ,

I was wondering is there a possible way to get complete functional
trace for a running process .
i know dtrace is one such utility in solaris to do so .
I tried but was not fully succesfull to get full trace level .

dtrace -s call_log.d ${TARGET_PID} <function_name >

does anyone know better way to do this ...?

or any such utilility ...

thanks
Aki

Eric Sosman

aki said:
Hi folks ,

I was wondering is there a possible way to get complete functional
trace for a running process .
i know dtrace is one such utility in solaris to do so .
I tried but was not fully succesfull to get full trace level .

dtrace -s call_log.d ${TARGET_PID} <function_name >

does anyone know better way to do this ...?

or any such utilility ...

Your question is not about C, not even remotely about C,
so it doesn't belong here. Try a Unix or Solaris forum.

<off-topic> DTrace is the tool you want. There's plenty of
documentation, and there are plenty of blogs and other on-line
resources; consult them. </off-topic>