Functions in Include File - too large??

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Me Padre, Oct 7, 2003.

  1. Me Padre

    Me Padre Guest

    To all,

    I have an Intranet that I have developed which uses
    templates and all ASP functions in separate included ASP
    files.

    For instance, functions.asp gets included in each page and
    does some of the following:

    - ensures users are logged in
    - defines date functions
    - contains many functions used by various pages that call
    the include

    The functions.asp file is about 15k. Is it expensive on
    the server to include that in each asp file called by the
    server even though only say 4 of about 35 functions may be
    used by that particular page. I.e. I have a function that
    takes address information and creates an html formatted
    address block. Obviously that is only used on pages with
    an address but it gets 'included' in every page.

    Thanks...
    Me Padre, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Me Padre

    erez alster Guest

    anser...

    you can to sepration the file to many files.
    file one: date function...

    and so in on
    erez alster, Oct 7, 2003