Funny DecimalFormat problem

harryajh

I have a class like so -

public class test {
private static final DecimalFormat CLASS_DECIMAL_FORMAT = new
DecimalFormat("00");

public CheckQuotationAction()
{
int testCounter = 1;
DecimalFormat METHOD_DECIMAL_FORMAT = new DecimalFormat("00");

System.out.println(CLASS_DECIMAL_FORMAT.format(testCounter));

System.out.println(METHOD_DECIMAL_FORMAT.format(testCounter));
}

Can anyone please explain why the first statement outputs "1" while
the 2nd outputs "01" - what the difference?

thanks in advance

harry

Ingo R. Homann

Hi,

on my computer it both prints "01". Is this *really* your testcode (it
has a syntax error - so I suppose you did not cut&paste it!)? What OS /
JVM do you use?

Bye,
Ingo