Fuzzy Link

Iwan Uswak

We made a Firefox Extension that is a part of an idea, concept and
project that is about to improove our all experice with the internet.
It will help you to find your way through the text jungle of news,
blogs and other sites on the web.

This is our approach to a better finding:
Visit www.fuzzylink.com for more information and the free open source
software

We would like to have some input from the W3C Community if our
approach is appropriate or should be reconsidered. You will find
contact information on the about page.

rf

Iwan Uswak said:
We made a Firefox Extension that is a part of an idea, concept and
project that is about to improove our all experice with the internet.

Will it improve your spelling/typing skills? And those spelling mistakes are
on the actual page as well.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 28 Jul 2007 00:22:29
GMT rf scribed:
Will it improve your spelling/typing skills? And those spelling
mistakes are on the actual page as well.

No, he only spells and types that way when working on extensions that
improve peoples' experiences.

Iwan Uswak

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 28 Jul 2007 00:22:29
GMT rf scribed:

No, he only spells and types that way when working on extensions that
improve peoples' experiences.

Thank you both for your constructive answers!
I will keep in mind to double check my postings so no troll will be
fed.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 15:06:54 GMT
Iwan Uswak scribed:
Thank you both for your constructive answers!
I will keep in mind to double check my postings so no troll will be
fed.

Hey, you can't have a thin skin around here. You made an outlandish claim
as an obvious advert, so what did you expect? This isn't televison; we get
to talk back.

Iwan Uswak

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 15:06:54 GMT
Iwan Uswak scribed:

Hey, you can't have a thin skin around here. You made an outlandish claim
as an obvious advert, so what did you expect? This isn't televison; we get
to talk back.

Well, I expected to get some input about the idea (or the given
implementation) and not about my "unrefined" typing skills.
nevermind

rf

Iwan Uswak said:
Well, I expected to get some input about the idea (or the given
implementation) and not about my "unrefined" typing skills.
nevermind

Since you are posting to a newsgroup that is half full of web professionals
you should have had your own house in order. You may think a couple of typos
is OK and they are in a newsgroup post but IMHO they are not OK if they are
on a web page where you introduce a software product. I stopped when I saw
them and thought: "not professional, no need to look further". If you can't
spellcheck your text then can we be sure you have adequately debugged your
software?

Plus, as Neredbojias says, your appears very much like spam. It looks like
you simply tacked the bit about input at the end just to get away with it.
People try that all the time. Answer them and you never hear from them
again. And you expect us to use the contact form on your site, not answer
here in the newsgroup, in itself a breach of netiquette.

The fact that you have no other replies is possibly indicative of the
feelings I have about your product: Ho hum. What would that be usefull for,
if I knew what it did? You don't really supply a good descripion of what it
does. No examples. No screenshots. You just expect us to download it and
install it for ourselves.

And yes, I did read fully your 1st step page. Full of gramatical and
spelling[1] errors that make it very hard to read and I still don't know
really what it does.

[1] analyzing lable imediatly ment alot rightclicking<br>
"improve our all experience" (I note you at least correct the spelling
errors in this).

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 30 Jul 2007 05:35:31
GMT Iwan Uswak scribed:
Well, I expected to get some input about the idea (or the given
implementation) and not about my "unrefined" typing skills.
nevermind

Well, now you're making me feel kinda guilty. Actually, it's rf's fault.
I never would have responded the way I did except for the fact that the
tone of the thread had already become acrimonious. Usually I'm the most
benign and genteel of personages; hardly a cross word ever traverses my
lips. I typically respect the people who visit here, even the clods.
But, alas, sometimes I am led astray by certain sub-hemispherial
individuals who possess a less-elevated, anaphylactic nature. These
ignoble few are definitely a bad influence upon their kinder cousins and
undoubtedly should be assiduously censured.

rf

Travis Newbury said:
Half full... or half empty?

Travis, really, be the optimist. It's half full. If it were half empty we
would see their arses disappearing over the horizon. I see the newbies
quietly peering in from the near distance, just waiting to help us fill it
up.

'Cept for the spammers of course :)

Iwan Uswak

[...]

Well, thank you very much for spellchecking. I was kind of excited
about what we have done and wanted to publish this Firefox Extension
along with some explanation/documentation as sooooooooon as possible.
It was undeniably my fault not to take the time to install a
spellchecker for Wordpress or to accurately spell-check it myself. I
really didn't think somebody would react so quickly. You got me there.
Damn!

The site is only about 3-4 days online and is edited/updated many
times a day. I guess it's my fault to have posted it here so soon :(

I'd like to put the spellchecking issues aside and rather talk about
the "I still don't know
really what it does" problem. I've written a "How to use Fuzzy Link"
post and hope it will clear some obscurities. The site is still in
development ...

And buy the way. We are not trying to sell anything on the site.

Disclaimer:
Though this message was generated by a more or less intelligent human
entity, it doesn't guarantee to be 100% free of syntactic or stylistic
errors. :p

dorayme

Iwan Uswak said:
I'd like to put the spellchecking issues aside ...

And buy the way. We are not trying to sell anything on the site.

Seeing as we are all talking spelling lately, this above is not
any old typo, it is a Freudian slip. The really interesting
question is this: did I use a fuzzy link in my head to detect it?

Iwan Uswak

Seeing as we are all talkingspelling lately, this above is not
any old typo, it is a Freudian slip. The really interesting
question is this: did I use a fuzzy link in my head to detect it?

:) that is what fuzzy links are for. We want to find information even
if it is fuzzy and yet imperfect.
I actually like this one (misspelling)