fuzzy or boolean text search

n00b

hi,

i'm looking for advice/suggestions for text search, preferably with
boolean or even fuzzy capabilities, and for use with mysql innodb
tables. asking too much :) ???

thx a bunch

John Machin

hi,

i'm looking for advice/suggestions for text search, preferably with
boolean or even fuzzy capabilities, and for use with mysql innodb
tables.  asking too much :) ???

No ... feeding "fuzzy boolean text search mysql innodb" to my googler
didn't choke it; it produced this at about the 15th hit:

http://www.sphinxsearch.com/docs/manual-0.9.8.html

Please tell your googler that we all hope that it gets well soon :)

morecowbell

No ... feeding "fuzzy boolean text search mysql innodb" to my googler
didn't choke it; it produced this at about the 15th hit:

http://www.sphinxsearch.com/docs/manual-0.9.8.html

Please tell your googler that we all hope that it gets well soon :)

since you found the list, i presume you can google and looking for
something pythonic. we tried a few options but it's bleak. for a
pythonic solution, look at TextIndexNG3 (Zope). i'll take some
fiddling, though: http://sourceforge.net/projects/textindexng; if
something with a py wrapper will do, you might as well go with the big
guns: lucence. we found that to work very well and that includes SA
integration (http://www.freebsdsoftware.org/textproc/py-lucene.html)