FW: apache/mod_wsgi daemon mode

Discussion in 'Python' started by Brian Smith, Feb 3, 2008.

  1. Brian Smith

    Brian Smith Guest

    Also, mod_wsgi has its own mailing list:
    http://groups.google.com/group/modwsgi

    > Scott SA wrote:
    > I am trying to configure mod_wsgi to run in daemon mode with Apache. I

    > can easily get it to run 'normally' under Apache but I obtain
    > permission errors _or_ process-failures in daemon mode. Specifically:
    >
    > ... (13)Permission denied: mod_wsgi (pid=26962): Unable to
    > connect
    > to WSGI daemon process '<process-name>' on
    > '/etc/httpd/logs/wsgi.26957.0.1.sock' after multiple attempts.

    > The host is Apache 2.2n under CentOS 5.1 i386 running Python 2.4

    Try again after "sudo /usr/sbin/setenforce 0". If it works with SELinux
    disabled then you will have to do a bit more work to get it working with
    SELinux enabled. I suggest creating a directory that is labeled with the
    Apache read/write type, and setting the WSGI socket prefix such that the
    domain sockets will get put in that directory. If that doesn't solve the
    problem then use the procedures in the SELinux documentation to create a
    security policy. And then, please share it with me. :)

    Regards,
    Brian

    Brian Smith, Feb 3, 2008