FWD: Help: Control lost doesn't raise event after being moved to dynamically loaded user control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Tonix, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Tonix

    Tonix Guest

    This problem was originated by Thanh Nguyen. Your help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

    The original text is:

    Hi everyone, I'm encountering a very weird problem, I have spent the last 3
    days trying to figure out how to fix but there is still no clue. Here is the
    problem:

    I define 2 WebUserControls:

    - Content.ascx has a TabStrip control and a Button on it.

    - Box.ascx has a PlaceHolder control on it.

    In the OnInit() event handler, I create a table cell and dynamically add the
    Box.ascx control to the table Cell using LoadControl() method. Then I
    dynamically add the Content.ascx control to the PlaceHolder inside the
    Box.ascx control.

    When the webapp runs, clicking on the Button (in Content.ascx) does raise
    the event, clicking on the TabStrip control (also in
    Content.ascx) does NOT rise the event.

    The weird thing is if I don't use LoadControl() but instead creating a Panel
    control and add the Content.ascx to the Panel control then it works fine.

    It seems there is something wrong with dynamic control loading & the
    PlaceHolder but I'm not sure :(

    Could someone please help? Much appreciated!!!

    Thanks

    Tonix, Aug 24, 2004