FWD: Try on that corrective package from the MS Corporation

Discussion in 'XML' started by Tegger®, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. Tegger®

    Tegger® Guest

    SPAM!!! Re: FWD: Try on that corrective package from the MS Corporation

    --
    TeGGeR®

    Tegger®, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Tegger®

    Rob Maxwell Guest

    Re: SPAM!!! Re: FWD: Try on that corrective package from the MS Corporation

    "Tegger$B%g(B" <> wrote in message
    > "Tomoaki Ikeuchi" <> pontificated in
    >
    > > --jjlmgdlsvupmyz
    > > --ddwkffjpyno
    > > MS User
    > >
    > > this is the latest version of security update, the

    Don't waste your time. It was an automated zombie post in which the "sender"
    had no involvement. He does need to get the well-known trojan off his
    computer. Well, him and hundreds of other victims fueling these robo-posts. :/

    As for you, you should know better. Opening any post or email about a
    Microsoft/Windows/Internet Explorer patch is an invitation to infect yourself
    with this trojan. The only, repeat only, place to get patches for any
    Microsoft program is www.microsoft.com and its Windows Update/Office
    Update/TechNet Security services.

    -Rob
    (Who watches his B.I. Index spike as high as the number of these trojan emails
    he's still receiving.)

    Norton AntiVirus definitely helps, too.

    Rob Maxwell, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Tegger®

    Tegger® Guest

    Re: SPAM!!! Re: FWD: Try on that corrective package from the MS Corporation

    "Rob Maxwell" <> pontificated in

    > "Tegger$B%g(B" <> wrote
    > in message news:Xns9406717FC2456teggeratistop@66.11.168.195...
    >> "Tomoaki Ikeuchi" <> pontificated in
    >>
    >> > --jjlmgdlsvupmyz
    >> > --ddwkffjpyno
    >> > MS User
    >> >
    >> > this is the latest version of security update, the

    > Don't waste your time. It was an automated zombie post in which the
    > "sender" had no involvement. He does need to get the well-known trojan
    > off his computer. Well, him and hundreds of other victims fueling
    > these robo-posts. :/

    That domain is the one that allowed itself to be used as a conduit for the
    zombie. Emailing abuse is a good idea, even if they don't give a flying
    f***, as most don't seem to.

    > As for you, you should know better. Opening any post or email about a
    > Microsoft/Windows/Internet Explorer patch is an invitation to infect
    > yourself with this trojan. The only, repeat only, place to get patches
    > for any Microsoft program is www.microsoft.com and its Windows
    > Update/Office Update/TechNet Security services.

    I did not open it, except in a text-only newsreader. That message contains
    IMG SRCs in the HTML part. My relabelling the spam was an attempt to
    prevent people from getting curious and clicking it anyway.

    > -Rob
    > (Who watches his B.I. Index spike as high as the number of these
    > trojan emails he's still receiving.)
    >
    > Norton AntiVirus definitely helps, too.

    I don't use anti-virus. A good hardware firewall and some common sense will
    do you better than anti-virus. And a good ISP that filters out obviously
    infected messages.

    --
    TeGGeR®

    Tegger®, Oct 2, 2003