fxruby doesn't work

Dirk Meijer

------=_Part_17970_8922945.1130793079055

hi everyone,
just a few months ago, i was able to run programs that use fxruby, since
recently, it has not been working, but i'm not as much into ruby that i'd
write a fxruby program.. however, i would like to get it back to work.
i use windows xp, sp2, on-click installer 1.8.2-15
and i get the following error:
d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:144:in `activate': can't
activate fxruby (=3D 1.2.6), already activated fxruby-1.4.2-mswin32]
(Gem::Exception)
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:23:in
`require'
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxri-0.3.2/./fxri:10
from D:/ruby/bin/fxri:18:in `load'
from D:/ruby/bin/fxri:18
does anyone know how to fix this problem?
greetings, Dirk.

------=_Part_17970_8922945.1130793079055--

Lyle Johnson

just a few months ago, i was able to run programs that use fxruby, since
recently, it has not been working, but i'm not as much into ruby that i'd
write a fxruby program.. however, i would like to get it back to work.
i use windows xp, sp2, on-click installer 1.8.2-15
and i get the following error:
d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:144:in `activate': can't
activate fxruby (=3D 1.2.6), already activated fxruby-1.4.2-mswin32]
(Gem::Exception)
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:23:in
`require'
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxri-0.3.2/./fxri:10
from D:/ruby/bin/fxri:18:in `load'
from D:/ruby/bin/fxri:18
does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Just a note to try to pin down the source of the problem: It's not a
problem with FXRuby. It *appears* to be a problem with what "fxri" (an
application that happens to use FXRuby) is trying to do to when it
tries to "require" the FXRuby gem.

Curt Hibbs

In version 182-15 of the One-Click Installer there is a problem
running FXRuby programs using rubyw.exe, but they run correctly with
ruby.exe.

I believe this problem does not exist in 182-14, which has the same
version of, just different versions of the pre-installed extensions.

I will make sure that this is resolved by the time we release the
installer for 1.8.4 (hopefully around the end of this year).

Curt

Dirk Meijer

------=_Part_23134_33173360.1130838249883

this doesn't solve the problem, running it with ruby.exe instead of
rubyw.exe gives me exactly the same..
anyone else have any solutions?
greetings, Dirk.

2005/10/31 said:
[...]

You must be running in to a different problem, then.

Curt

Holger Arndt

Hello,

I had the same problem after "gem update ; gem clean". I had to remove
fxruby 1.4-x and reinstall fxruby 1.2-6. Having both versions at the
same time didn't work for me.

Regards,
Holger

Curt Hibbs

Hmmm... I suppose this could have been my problem when I built 182-15
of the One-Click Installer. I'll have to check this out.

Curt

soxinbox

Is this caused by a require of a method that exists in 1.2-6 that no longer
exists in 1.4-x?
If anyone is brave enough to tackle this problem, than I will be glad to
assist by testing on a system that generates this error with consistency.

Hmmm... I suppose this could have been my problem when I built 182-15
of the One-Click Installer. I'll have to check this out.

Curt

Curt Hibbs

Looks like I didn't read the original message closely enough. The
problem I encountered was strictly with 1.2.6 and did not involve
1.4.x. Sorry for the confusion.

Curt