FxRuby FxChoiceBox segfault

Leslie Viljoen

Hello!

I am trying the following:

puts FXChoiceBox.ask(@app, 0, "Export to database?",
"#{exp.devices.length} records accepted, #{exp.rejected} records
rejected.\n" +
"Would you like to continue with the export?", nil, ["Yes", "No"])

...and getting:

D:/Work/Workspace/Massage/publish_to_hub.rb:277: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.4 (2006-04-14) [i386-mswin32]

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. This is with FxRuby1.6 that
comes with the latest Ruby one-click installer.

Any ideas?

I am finding the documentation to be a bit lacking in practical
information. Is there a place on the web where there are more FxRuby
EXAMPLES than the few that come with FxRuby?

Les

Lyle Johnson

I am trying the following:

puts FXChoiceBox.ask(@app, 0, "Export to database?",
"#{exp.devices.length} records accepted, #{exp.rejected} records
rejected.\n" +
"Would you like to continue with the export?", nil, ["Yes", "No"])

...and getting:

D:/Work/Workspace/Massage/publish_to_hub.rb:277: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.4 (2006-04-14) [i386-mswin32]

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. This is with FxRuby1.6 that
comes with the latest Ruby one-click installer.

Looks like a bug, but I can reproduce it on Windows only (not on Mac
OS X). Anyways, I've filed a bug report on your behalf and hopefully
we'll get this fixed in the next release.

Leslie Viljoen

I am trying the following:

puts FXChoiceBox.ask(@app, 0, "Export to database?",
"#{exp.devices.length} records accepted, #{exp.rejected} records
rejected.\n" +
"Would you like to continue with the export?", nil, ["Yes", "No"])

...and getting:

D:/Work/Workspace/Massage/publish_to_hub.rb:277: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.4 (2006-04-14) [i386-mswin32]

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. This is with FxRuby1.6 that
comes with the latest Ruby one-click installer.

Looks like a bug, but I can reproduce it on Windows only (not on Mac
OS X). Anyways, I've filed a bug report on your behalf and hopefully
we'll get this fixed in the next release.

Thanks! In the meantime I duplicated what I wanted with a MessageBox.
I have also started adding some FxRuby snippets to
programmingishard.com - although I see the original Code Snippets
(http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/) is bigger, so I might start adding
there.

I think we need examples for as much of FxRuby as possible.

Les

Lyle Johnson

I think we need examples for as much of FxRuby as possible.

A lot of people say that, but very few of them do anything about it.
Thank you for adding some of your examples to those sites that you
mentioned!