FxRuby FxChoiceBox segfault

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Leslie Viljoen, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. Hello!

    I am trying the following:

    puts FXChoiceBox.ask(@app, 0, "Export to database?",
    "#{exp.devices.length} records accepted, #{exp.rejected} records
    rejected.\n" +
    "Would you like to continue with the export?", nil, ["Yes", "No"])

    ...and getting:

    D:/Work/Workspace/Massage/publish_to_hub.rb:277: [BUG] Segmentation fault
    ruby 1.8.4 (2006-04-14) [i386-mswin32]

    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. This is with FxRuby1.6 that
    comes with the latest Ruby one-click installer.

    Any ideas?

    I am finding the documentation to be a bit lacking in practical
    information. Is there a place on the web where there are more FxRuby
    EXAMPLES than the few that come with FxRuby?

    Les
    Leslie Viljoen, Aug 7, 2006

  2. Leslie Viljoen

    Lyle Johnson Guest

    On 8/7/06, Leslie Viljoen <> wrote:

    > I am trying the following:
    >
    > puts FXChoiceBox.ask(@app, 0, "Export to database?",
    > "#{exp.devices.length} records accepted, #{exp.rejected} records
    > rejected.\n" +
    > "Would you like to continue with the export?", nil, ["Yes", "No"])
    >
    > ...and getting:
    >
    > D:/Work/Workspace/Massage/publish_to_hub.rb:277: [BUG] Segmentation fault
    > ruby 1.8.4 (2006-04-14) [i386-mswin32]
    >
    > I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. This is with FxRuby1.6 that
    > comes with the latest Ruby one-click installer.

    Looks like a bug, but I can reproduce it on Windows only (not on Mac
    OS X). Anyways, I've filed a bug report on your behalf and hopefully
    we'll get this fixed in the next release.
    Lyle Johnson, Aug 7, 2006

  3. On 8/7/06, Lyle Johnson <> wrote:
    > On 8/7/06, Leslie Viljoen <> wrote:
    >
    > > I am trying the following:
    > >
    > > puts FXChoiceBox.ask(@app, 0, "Export to database?",
    > > "#{exp.devices.length} records accepted, #{exp.rejected} records
    > > rejected.\n" +
    > > "Would you like to continue with the export?", nil, ["Yes", "No"])
    > >
    > > ...and getting:
    > >
    > > D:/Work/Workspace/Massage/publish_to_hub.rb:277: [BUG] Segmentation fault
    > > ruby 1.8.4 (2006-04-14) [i386-mswin32]
    > >
    > > I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. This is with FxRuby1.6 that
    > > comes with the latest Ruby one-click installer.

    > Looks like a bug, but I can reproduce it on Windows only (not on Mac
    > OS X). Anyways, I've filed a bug report on your behalf and hopefully
    > we'll get this fixed in the next release.

    Thanks! In the meantime I duplicated what I wanted with a MessageBox.
    I have also started adding some FxRuby snippets to
    programmingishard.com - although I see the original Code Snippets
    (http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/) is bigger, so I might start adding
    there.

    I think we need examples for as much of FxRuby as possible.

    Les
    Leslie Viljoen, Aug 7, 2006
  4. Leslie Viljoen

    Lyle Johnson Guest

    On 8/7/06, Leslie Viljoen <> wrote:

    > I think we need examples for as much of FxRuby as possible.

    A lot of people say that, but very few of them do anything about it.
    Thank you for adding some of your examples to those sites that you
    mentioned!
    Lyle Johnson, Aug 7, 2006