FXRuby1.2.1 - need to uninstall

John Doerr

Hello,

I think I made a mistake installing FXRuby1.2.1 on
a Linux Redhat 9 box where I am just learning how to
do FXRuby. It has a working FOX1.0 and fxruby installed.

1.2.1 offers the newbie too may ways to get lost
in dependencies and compatibility problems.

I installed FOX 1.2 to /usr/local/lib, where I already
had FOX1.0 (libFOX-1.0.so.0.0.48). I've read in comp.lang.ruby
the libFOX's won't conflict, but have no clue how to resume using
FXRuby1.0.

My first thought is to uninstall FXRuby1.2.1. But I
mistakenly installed it the old way - i.e. not using gems.

Any help would be most welcome!

Lyle Johnson

I installed FOX 1.2 to /usr/local/lib, where I already
had FOX1.0 (libFOX-1.0.so.0.0.48). I've read in comp.lang.ruby
the libFOX's won't conflict, but have no clue how to resume using
FXRuby1.0.

My first thought is to uninstall FXRuby1.2.1. But I
mistakenly installed it the old way - i.e. not using gems.

I believe that you'll need to remove the "fox.so" file, which is
*probably* installed under /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/i686-linux or
something like that. You should also remove the
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/fox directory and all its contents. Again,
this may not be exactly the right path, depending on how ruby is
installed.