FYI: Current Google Groups problem for [comp.lang.c++.moderated]

Discussion in 'C++' started by Alf P. Steinbach, Aug 25, 2009.

  1. No articles posted via Google Groups has arrived in the moderation queue for
    [comp.lang.c++.moderated] since the 20th this month.

    Now testing Google Groups posting, what happened with that test was that

    * Google Groups said the article had been sent to moderation.

    * After 1.5 hours the test posting has still not arrived in the queue.

    * But a test posting via EternalSeptember (NNTP) arrived after 1 minute.

    I've contacted the other active moderators about this issue.

    Judging by the resolution of earlier problems, if the problem is at our server
    it will probably be fixed shortly.

    However, more likely the problem is with some spam filter or perhaps directly
    with Google Groups, in which case a resolution may take some time.

    Cheers,

    - Alf

    Alf P. Steinbach, Aug 25, 2009

  2. On Aug 25, 3:47 am, "Alf P. Steinbach" <> wrote:
    > No articles posted via Google Groups has arrived in the moderation queue for
    > [comp.lang.c++.moderated] since the 20th this month.
    >
    > Now testing Google Groups posting, what happened with that test was that
    >
    >    * Google Groups said the article had been sent to moderation.
    >
    >    * After 1.5 hours the test posting has still not arrived in the queue.
    >
    >    * But a test posting via EternalSeptember (NNTP) arrived after 1 minute.
    >
    > I've contacted the other active moderators about this issue.
    >
    > Judging by the resolution of earlier problems, if the problem is at our server
    > it will probably be fixed shortly.
    >
    > However, more likely the problem is with some spam filter or perhaps directly
    > with Google Groups, in which case a resolution may take some time.

    Thank you sir. That's why the posting volume has dropped considerably.
    This might actually force me to bother to get a decent newsreader. /
    sigh @ Google.

    Joshua Maurice, Aug 25, 2009

  3. Alf P. Steinbach

    Balog Pal Guest

    Re: Current Google Groups problem for [comp.lang.c++.moderated]

    "Alf P. Steinbach" <> az alábbiakat írta a következo
    hírüzenetben: h70fg1$9jb$-september.org...
    > No articles posted via Google Groups has arrived in the moderation queue
    > for [comp.lang.c++.moderated] since the 20th this month.

    GG had a cool indexing of all people's posts. About 2 months ago I noticed
    it still has summary count of articles but can't find 90% of them. A few
    days ago I noticed even the summary is gone, and on the profile it misses
    even the most recent posts -- changing amount on every refresh. Clearly
    they have some increasing problem with their soft or hardware losing info.
    I'd bet posting is hosed by the same root of problems.

    Balog Pal, Aug 25, 2009
  4. On 25 Aug, 11:47, "Alf P. Steinbach" <> wrote:
    > No articles posted via Google Groups has arrived in the moderation queue for
    > [comp.lang.c++.moderated] since the 20th this month.
    >
    > Now testing Google Groups posting, what happened with that test was that
    >
    >    * Google Groups said the article had been sent to moderation.
    >
    >    * After 1.5 hours the test posting has still not arrived in the queue.
    >
    >    * But a test posting via EternalSeptember (NNTP) arrived after 1 minute.
    >
    > I've contacted the other active moderators about this issue.
    >
    > Judging by the resolution of earlier problems, if the problem is at our server
    > it will probably be fixed shortly.
    >
    > However, more likely the problem is with some spam filter or perhaps directly
    > with Google Groups, in which case a resolution may take some time.

    take a look a talk.origins. It's a problem with google and they aren't
    keen to fix it. TO have a work-around.

    ####
    Friar Broccoli:

    GoogleGroups is in a state of continuous decline.
    Presently no-one can post to a moderated group because the
    messages are not being forwarded by google to the moderator.

    To get around this Talk.Origin posters must add:

    talk-origins (at) moderators.isc.org

    to the Cc: line as in:

    Nick Keighley, Aug 25, 2009
  5. Alf P. Steinbach

    osmium Guest

    Nick Keighley wrote:

    > On 25 Aug, 11:47, "Alf P. Steinbach" <> wrote:
    >> No articles posted via Google Groups has arrived in the moderation
    >> queue for [comp.lang.c++.moderated] since the 20th this month.
    >>
    >> Now testing Google Groups posting, what happened with that test was
    >> that
    >>
    >> * Google Groups said the article had been sent to moderation.
    >>
    >> * After 1.5 hours the test posting has still not arrived in the
    >> queue.
    >>
    >> * But a test posting via EternalSeptember (NNTP) arrived after 1
    >> minute.
    >>
    >> I've contacted the other active moderators about this issue.
    >>
    >> Judging by the resolution of earlier problems, if the problem is at
    >> our server it will probably be fixed shortly.
    >>
    >> However, more likely the problem is with some spam filter or perhaps
    >> directly with Google Groups, in which case a resolution may take
    >> some time.

    > take a look a talk.origins. It's a problem with google and they aren't
    > keen to fix it. TO have a work-around.
    >
    > ####
    > Friar Broccoli:
    >
    > GoogleGroups is in a state of continuous decline.
    > Presently no-one can post to a moderated group because the
    > messages are not being forwarded by google to the moderator.
    >
    > To get around this Talk.Origin posters must add:
    >

    > talk-origins (at) moderators.isc.org
    >

    > to the Cc: line as in:

    I think it is a bad idea to tell people how to work around problems with
    Google. Let them flounder around for a few months and finally decide that
    there must be a better way. The best thing that could happen to newsgroups
    would be for Google to get the hell out of the business. They clearly have
    no interest in doing things right.

    But then, after typing the above I discovered that you are one of the Google
    enablers. And yes, I know there can be reasons why people use Google to
    post.

    osmium, Aug 25, 2009