FYI: Current Google Groups problem for [comp.lang.c++.moderated]

Alf P. Steinbach

No articles posted via Google Groups has arrived in the moderation queue for
[comp.lang.c++.moderated] since the 20th this month.

Now testing Google Groups posting, what happened with that test was that

* Google Groups said the article had been sent to moderation.

* After 1.5 hours the test posting has still not arrived in the queue.

* But a test posting via EternalSeptember (NNTP) arrived after 1 minute.

I've contacted the other active moderators about this issue.

Judging by the resolution of earlier problems, if the problem is at our server
it will probably be fixed shortly.

However, more likely the problem is with some spam filter or perhaps directly
with Google Groups, in which case a resolution may take some time.

Cheers,

- Alf

Joshua Maurice

No articles posted via Google Groups has arrived in the moderation queue for
[comp.lang.c++.moderated] since the 20th this month.

Now testing Google Groups posting, what happened with that test was that

   * Google Groups said the article had been sent to moderation.

   * After 1.5 hours the test posting has still not arrived in the queue.

   * But a test posting via EternalSeptember (NNTP) arrived after 1 minute.

I've contacted the other active moderators about this issue.

Judging by the resolution of earlier problems, if the problem is at our server
it will probably be fixed shortly.

However, more likely the problem is with some spam filter or perhaps directly
with Google Groups, in which case a resolution may take some time.

Thank you sir. That's why the posting volume has dropped considerably.
This might actually force me to bother to get a decent newsreader. /
sigh @ Google.

Balog Pal

Alf P. Steinbach said:
No articles posted via Google Groups has arrived in the moderation queue
for [comp.lang.c++.moderated] since the 20th this month.

GG had a cool indexing of all people's posts. About 2 months ago I noticed
it still has summary count of articles but can't find 90% of them. A few
days ago I noticed even the summary is gone, and on the profile it misses
even the most recent posts -- changing amount on every refresh. Clearly
they have some increasing problem with their soft or hardware losing info.
I'd bet posting is hosed by the same root of problems.

Nick Keighley

No articles posted via Google Groups has arrived in the moderation queue for
[comp.lang.c++.moderated] since the 20th this month.

Now testing Google Groups posting, what happened with that test was that

   * Google Groups said the article had been sent to moderation.

   * After 1.5 hours the test posting has still not arrived in the queue.

   * But a test posting via EternalSeptember (NNTP) arrived after 1 minute.

I've contacted the other active moderators about this issue.

Judging by the resolution of earlier problems, if the problem is at our server
it will probably be fixed shortly.

However, more likely the problem is with some spam filter or perhaps directly
with Google Groups, in which case a resolution may take some time.

take a look a talk.origins. It's a problem with google and they aren't
keen to fix it. TO have a work-around.

####
Friar Broccoli:

GoogleGroups is in a state of continuous decline.
Presently no-one can post to a moderated group because the
messages are not being forwarded by google to the moderator.

To get around this Talk.Origin posters must add:

(e-mail address removed)
talk-origins (at) moderators.isc.org

to the Cc: line as in:
Cc: (e-mail address removed)

osmium

Nick said:
[...]

Cc: (e-mail address removed)

I think it is a bad idea to tell people how to work around problems with
Google. Let them flounder around for a few months and finally decide that
there must be a better way. The best thing that could happen to newsgroups
would be for Google to get the hell out of the business. They clearly have
no interest in doing things right.

But then, after typing the above I discovered that you are one of the Google
enablers. And yes, I know there can be reasons why people use Google to
post.