FYI: Making python.exe capable to work with 3GiB address space

Thomas Rachel

Hi,

I just added some RAM to my PC @ work and now wanted Python to be
capable to make use of it.

My boot.ini has been containing the /3GB switch for quite a while, but
nevertheless I only could allocate 2 GB in Python.

So I changed python.exe with the imagecfg.exe which I obtained from
http://blog.schose.net/index.php/archives/207 and it works now.

This is just FYI, for the case one of you would like to be able to do so
as well.

But be aware that it is not impossible that there are side effects.

Yours,

Thomas