FYI: Webcontrols completely from a virtual directory (including the webctrl_client folder location)

Todd

There is a reference to the "webctrl_client" folder in the source file:
C:\Program Files\IE Web Controls\src\BaseRichControl.cs

If you need the webctrl_client folder to be completely under a virtual
directory just change the code from:
private const string DefaultCommonFilesRoot = "/webctrl_client/";
to:
private const string DefaultCommonFilesRoot =
"/VirtualDIR/webctrl_client/";

Then:
1. Recompile Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll.
2. Move the newly compiled DLL back into the bin directory (or just use
VS.NET to register it in your project).
3. Move the webctrl_client folder under your VirtualDIR.
4. Change the SystemImagesPath and ImageURL properties on the ASPX page to
point at the new directory.

Ideally this would be a variable that could be set rather than hardcoded in
the compiled DLL, but I don't have time to figure that out now.

<Todd />

Eric

The location of the IE Web Control scripts can be controlled via Web.config
settings. Add the following to the <configuration> section. Just update
the value to reflect your server and application name.

<configSections>
<section name="MicrosoftWebControls"
type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System,
Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
</configSections>

<MicrosoftWebControls>
<add key="CommonFiles" value="http://myserver/myapp/webctrl_client/1_0/"
/>