GAC Assemblies

Mythran

I have an assembly being installed by a third party installer compiler (ISTool
and Inno Setup). I need this assembly to be installed into the gac. I package
this up for easy in-house deployment and setup on the developer's machines as
well as the development and production servers.

Right now, we are using (gah!) gacutil.exe. But now, since v1.1 of the
Framework, it no longer works (because gacutil either isn't installed or v1.1
places it somewhere else). I can deploy gacutil with the assembly but am afraid
it doesn't work anyways when we create v1.1 assemblies. The assembly we are
deploying atm is a v1.0 assembly and will stay that way until we update the
applications that are v1.0 to v1.1.

So, how can a third party compiler install .Net assemblies into the GAC w/o using
gacutil.exe or Windows Installer?

Thanks,

Mythran