gadfly gfplus error

Discussion in 'Python' started by Istvan Albert, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I've been playing around with gadfly, and it is a
    great piece but I am having problems with gfplus
    the interactive shell to gadfly.

    Namely I get the following error when running the file:

    ---
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/bin/gfplus", line 3, in ?
    main()
    File
    "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gadfly/scripts/gfplus.py", line
    269, in main
    shell.cmdloop()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/cmd.py", line 109, in cmdloop
    self.preloop()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/cmd.py", line 150, in preloop
    if self.completekey:
    AttributeError: GadflyShell instance has no attribute 'completekey'
    ---

    It looks as if the GadflyShell does not provide some attributes
    that are needed later on. Inserting the

    cmd.Cmd.__init__(self)

    as the first line of the GadflyShell constructor solves this
    problem. Is that the right solution?

    Istvan.

    Istvan Albert, Sep 8, 2003